Rhodesian Air Force Hunter FGA.9

TimW

On 7/30/2021 at 8:39 AM, mozart said:

How faded do you want it? :)  This is the rather sad looking example in the aviation museum at Gweru, Gwelo as was:

gIxkGb.jpg

NF3olm.jpg

FrGeFI.jpg

VrNYoa.jpg

Qyns26.jpg

In fact all the aircraft were rather sad looking but interesting nonetheless!

Wow...that's pretty beaten up.  But I think I'm on to something, mostly with paint fading and then the black/acrylic "glop" treatment.

The latest.  At least I know I put enough weights in!

tGul7j6.jpg

odVlvY7.jpg

wQqyGkz.jpg

More to come--working on the drop tanks and will be ordering the 450 kg Golf Bombs from Shapeways soon.   Still a fair amount of touching up etc to do, but with a few exceptions this is not a difficult kit to get together.   I've left off some of the cockpit details, seat--they'd end up broken if I put them on now.

Stay tuned,

Tim W.

26 minutes ago, Sepp said:

Nice work, Tim!  Did you use the kit's landing gear legs, or SAC copies? Still vacillating between the two for mine... 

I went with the kit parts.  They seem to be holding up OK.  The only things I left off were the little struts for the smallest, upper-most door.  There is no clear locating information and after about an hour of frustration, I dropped them (literally).

I'll live with the inaccuracy...

Going to mix up some different variations in the camo colors next.

Tim W.

Sepp, if you can find a set, the G Factor legs are the best. The undercarriage and doors are the most difficult and frustrating area to do on the Hunter.   
Tim, it’s coming along beautifully! 

Edited by mozart

Started decaling.  Am putting some of the more prominent stencils on, but not all of them.

Based on photos it's hard to see any.   Added the ballsy cat decal--couldn't resist!

Once done, I'll flat coat this beast and then get on with more weathering and then obtaining and adding the ordinance, fuel tanks, etc.

Tim W

4f8mg3H.jpg

ouZuBfb.jpg

• 1 month later...