Need help locating color images of USAF 390th TFS F-4C Phantom II

Hi.  I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. I've scoured the internet and my reference books for suitable color images of F-4C 390th TFS Gunfighters aircraft in Vietnam. I'm trying to create a tribute/memorial display of my wife's uncle, Jack Bellamy who was commander of that squadron in Da Nang 1965 and flew more than 100 combat missions.

His biography is available at https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/107719/major-general-jack-bellamy/ for anyone who might be interested. 

I found a portrait of him on Amazon that I ordered, and a frame with a silver engraved plaque. I'd like to include an appropriate F-4C artwork or photo I can frame.  The closest I can find is an F-4D from that squadron. Does anyone know of an available color profile of a Gunfighter F-4C?  I might have to settle for the F-4D but I can't help feeling that would be cheating. 

A Tamiya 1/32 or 1/48 Academy F-4C with 390th TFS decals will be included in the display as well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Pete

Edited by rock1947a
Improved text

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Need help locating color images of USAF 390th TFS F-4C Phantom II

Thank you Jari.  I've been through every image on that website, but I might have missed something so I'll look again.  I also searched on the links that website provides. It's a real treasure trove for someone like me.

Best regards, 

Pete

Edited by rock1947a
Duplicate comment.

Pete,

Recently found these at work in the archives and scanned 'em. I can't say with 100% certainty that these are from the 390th, but from the PA blurb on the back it claims they're from a recently arrived squadron in November 1965. 390th TFS arrived at the end of October.  A bit of digging might show the what squadrons the serials were assigned too. Warbird Information Exchange took over the serial number / BuNo tracker that is a tremendous resource--you might find info there.

F-4Cs_KE_18705 97128 F-4Cs tanking

-Peter

Thank you very much Peter. I'll definitely do my to best to find out all I can with the lead you graciously provided. Since it appears Lt. Col. Bellamy was apparently in Da Nang until being reassigned to Hawaii in July 1966, do you think he might have flown SEA camouflaged aircraft during some of his 100+ combat missions? I haven't found out when the F-4Cs were camouflage painted. I value your opinion, and it might make a difference in finishing the 1/32 or 1/48 kit I'll include in the tribute display I'm working on for my wife. Major General Bellamy was her idol and she often tells me about how he spoke of his admiration and deep concern for the glider troops he had to tow when flying C-47s in WWii.

I’d hazard a guess and say more than likely that their birds were camouflaged by then. I’ll see if I can pulll some histories to see. Might take some time though. As an aside the 390th is alive and well as the squadron AF officers are assigned to at Whidbey before being farmed out to the Expeditionary Growler squadrons. Most definitely a rich squadron history!

-Peter

Thank you Peter and Jari for the excellent information and images. Although I did a lot of research on the 390th TFS I still have much more to learn. Your help is invaluable in helping with my project. The more I learn the more I'm in awe of Major General Bellamy's service in WWIi, Korea, Vietnam and post war experience.