Sprue Brothers Lightning Deals

Juggernut

30 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm still debating whether to pull the trigger, or not. Sprue is not too far from here, so shipping should be cheap enough.

Not 100% sure for MO, but I checked the shipping to Omaha, and the kit came out to roughly $84 to my door.

I did not end up pulling the trigger.

14 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not 100% sure for MO, but I checked the shipping to Omaha, and the kit came out to roughly $84 to my door.

I did not end up pulling the trigger.

Less than $80 for me, but still, I think I'll hold out for an eventual Kinetic kit.

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Less than $80 for me, but still, I think I'll hold out for an eventual Kinetic kit.

ohh is Kinetic going to make a 1/24th F-86 ? id be down for that

6 hours ago, Neo said:

ohh is Kinetic going to make a 1/24th F-86 ? id be down for that

Not that I'm aware of; I was referring to the 1:32 kit that already exists. And the Hobby Boss kit is 1:18 scale.

I would wrather have a beautifully done 1/32 f-86 than any 1/18 kit of the same.  I would like a nice f-86 someday.  It is not a must have though but a kit I would like to build if the right tooling ever comes along.  

28 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I would wrather have a beautifully done 1/32 f-86 than any 1/18 kit of the same.  I would like a nice f-86 someday.  It is not a must have though but a kit I would like to build if the right tooling ever comes along.  

Is there something wrong with the Kinetic 1:32 example? I'm not aware of any major faults, but then I haven't really looked into it either.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Is there something wrong with the Kinetic 1:32 example? I'm not aware of any major faults, but then I haven't really looked into it either.

The intake lip is obviously blunt, and the whole thing is festooned with divots. Otherwise, it's faults are minor (to me, anyway).

AMS makes (made?) a new intake ring that corrects the shape of the nose. 

D

11 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

It’s not made by Tamiya.  

Aside from that, I thought it had a few shape and detail issues but don’t recall the specifics.  

15 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Main problem I know of is that with all the other modleing subjects it is not so amazing as to have made it to the level I want one.  I know of nothing “wrong” with it, but it will probably take stellar for me to get to one.  It is a plane I like but has not made it to the level of I have to have one.