F-4C Aftermarket Cockpits

John1

Stating the Tamiya kit.  Any thoughts on an aftermarket cockpit?  I’ve already got the Mk 5 seats, just looking at my options to replicate the “busy” look of the Phantom’s cockpit.  

Any recommendations are welcome.  

20 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Personally, I’m waiting for the Quinta Studios cockpit to be released before starting mine.

Any idea if the F-4C and F-4D cockpits are similar? I recently picked up a bit of a holy grail kit for me (Revell 1.32 RF-4C) and know the cockpit needs help. I'm aware GT Resin makes a resin replacement, but I'm also aware GT Resin doesn't have a great reputation for quality control. Wondering if I should also wait for the Quinta items and see if those will do the trick?

Sincerely,

Not a Phantom Expert by Any Means

2 hours ago, Avenger2614 said:

Any idea if the F-4C and F-4D cockpits are similar? I recently picked up a bit of a holy grail kit for me (Revell 1.32 RF-4C) and know the cockpit needs help. I'm aware GT Resin makes a resin replacement, but I'm also aware GT Resin doesn't have a great reputation for quality control. Wondering if I should also wait for the Quinta items and see if those will do the trick?

Sincerely,

Not a Phantom Expert by Any Means

The -C and -D are quite similar, but varied slightly due to equipment changes, even during service life of the same version.  If you’re talking RF-4C, that’s a bit different than the F-4C, especially the top of the front IP and glare shield.

1 hour ago, alain11 said:

hi

Red fox cockpit IP and consoles are amazing , you won't regret .........here is the D version set ....... in the contrary of Quinta , these parts are not decals but , I think are  resin made , and perfectly fit to the kit cockpit parts 

Alain

img_3012.jpg

Yeah, I’ve been thinking hard about using these.  How long did it take to get your order?

10 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Red Fox ships DHL to the US, so the order arrives in less than a week.

I chose DHL shipments for a fast delivery , less than a week , but I think , it's a bit expensive ,(I mean the shipping), If I remember less than 50 Euros ( I let you convert in US currency )    

22 minutes ago, alain11 said:

I chose DHL shipments for a fast delivery , less than a week , but I think , it's a bit expensive ,(I mean the shipping), If I remember less than 50 Euros ( I let you convert in US currency )    

The DHL shipping charge for my order in mid-June to the US was just under 20 euro (less than $24).  You can get free shipping to the US if you order more than 200 euro (the cutoff for free shipping is a LOT less for delivery in the EU, though).

8 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

That stuff must surely signal the end of the hobby!  If Mike Grant's Italian smoke ring decals didn't kill it, this stuff almost certainly will! :)  

I heard they are working on fully completed, ultra high detail models that are painted, decaled and weathered to perfection.   The only thing the modeler has to do is glue on a single antenna.   How exciting is this?   Truly the next evolution of our hobby.  Looking forward to many WIP’s and YouTube videos on how to complete these kits.    

On 7/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, alain11 said:

Alain

img_3012.jpg

in the contrary of Quinta , these parts are not decals but , I think are  resin made , and perfectly fit to the kit cockpit parts 

Alain

Quinta are not decals but full 3D resin parts with amazing switch reproduction. They are shipped on decal paper to secure them and generally are simply superb.

They also come with ejection seat belts plus cushions etc.lSuoerb products.

Dirrctly comparing Redfox to my Quinta stuff im waiting for Quinta.

The clarity of instruments and the superb repriduction of glass on Quinta ive not seen matched yet.

With a wash and weathering cockpits gave never looked better whichever riute yiu take.

Edited by Darren Howie

On 7/17/2021 at 3:10 AM, Darren Howie said:

in the contrary of Quinta , these parts are not decals but , I think are  resin made , and perfectly fit to the kit cockpit parts 

Alain

Quinta are not decals but full 3D resin parts with amazing switch reproduction. They are shipped on decal paper to secure them and generally are simply superb.

They also come with ejection seat belts plus cushions etc.lSuoerb products.

Dirrctly comparing Redfox to my Quinta stuff im waiting for Quinta.

The clarity of instruments and the superb repriduction of glass on Quinta ive not seen matched yet.

With a wash and weathering cockpits gave never looked better whichever riute yiu take.

can you elaborate on Red Fox?what is aplication like?quinta are flexible,what are these?

quinta have ej.seats' detail added,red fox doesn't