Eduard 1:48 F6F-3 Hellcat

matto21

Hello everyone! 

I actually built this back in 2013 and it remains the oldest completed model in my collection. 

Following a recent organisation and tidy up, it was top of my "sell or bin" list. A chance conversion about loaning some models to a model shop for display led me to reconsider. 

I'm in the process of giving it some TLC which includes some minor repairs and some repainting and weathering. I think it's going to scrub up well. 

Hellcat1

Hellcat3

Does anyone else revive old models or just build new ones? 

Matt 

Edited by matto21

On 7/26/2021 at 12:24 AM, mustang1989 said:

I still can't believe there aren't any replies to this bad boy!! That looks superb Matt!!!  Great painting and weathering.

Story of my (modelling) life! For some reason, things I build seem to get very little attention on forums. I'm not looking for plaudits or reassurance, just some feedback!

But equally, there's more to life than modelling and I understand people have busy lives too so it's not the end of the world either!

Thanks for the comments, it's appreciated!

Matt

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Beautiful kitty cat!!  Really nicely done.

(But psst... it's not an F-5F, it's an F6F-3... )

LOL, I’ve passed this thread title several times and never noticed the error before.

It is a very nicely done Hellcat.  Oh how I wish Hasegawa would redo their ancient kit in 1/32.  They’ve been super quiet over these past several years regarding 1/32 stuff.  Hell, if Eduard would upscale their 1/48 kit, I’d buy one.

Edited by Juggernut

• matto21 changed the title to Eduard 1:48 F-6F Hellcat
  • matto21 changed the title to Eduard 1:48 F6F-3 Hellcat
  • 2 weeks later...