MH-60T Jayhawk water rescue

2 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Pigfighter, you have an impeccable way of making this scene pop. If there was only a way to make the sea spray from the tops of the waves in the rotor wash, I’m sure you’d figure that out too. Looking forward to more.

hey Booger!

many thanks brother. You’ve been kind enough to share your water techniques with me, and I really learned a lot- thank you!

I think I might have a plan for sea spray-

worth a shot!

cheers

Pigfighter

1 hour ago, easixpedro said:

I can’t wait! And when you nail that I’ll up the ante and recommend that you figure out a way to make the smoke from the day/night flare that’s drifting lazily across this scene…

Ive got a green dye marker planned- just sayin’

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

dont forget to add the dude's sea water helmet marker though, that's why the velcro on the front of the helmet is for.. ! 

and I can't but wonder if you could add like a wake from the raft as this surely makes the downwash winds alter their trajectory or is that a little too far fetched?

like this one already and its only been the start.. makes the groove for helo's a lot more appealing.. Keep m coming 

looking great so far my friend 

Cheers 

Frederick Jacobs

3 hours ago, norbert said:

Well done so far Pete. I know now why it's important to have the boots soles on my pilots !

Hi Norbert!
Your figures are a pleasure to work with my friend! This pose was very easy to adapt to the raft..and thankfully the boot soles are there as you say- It would be a challenge to scribe that detail, so thank you!

cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, stusbke said:

dont forget to add the dude's sea water helmet marker though, that's why the velcro on the front of the helmet is for.. ! 

and I can't but wonder if you could add like a wake from the raft as this surely makes the downwash winds alter their trajectory or is that a little too far fetched?

like this one already and its only been the start.. makes the groove for helo's a lot more appealing.. Keep m coming 

looking great so far my friend 

Cheers 

Frederick Jacobs

Thanks Frederick,

There will be a green dye marker deployed in the water eventually!

I’m not seeing a wake from the raft in the photos I’ve looked at..could be a result of the sea anchor perhaps? But appreciate any suggestions and keep ‘em coming!

cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

That is just way too cool looking. I know it's just brown clay, but it already looks like it's ready.  Maybe it's a water rescue in a really dirty river.

Matt 

Thanks Matt-

I’ve been researching water techniques for a while now.. looking to awesome ship modelers for ideas. Timmy! And Booger were a huge help as well. Turns out there are a ton of different ways to “do” water. In the larger scales, a few techniques kept popping up as players. My plan is somewhat of a departure..but it “should” work! And if not, I’ll try something else, but I’m excited to explore some new materials and methods. Growth is good!

cheers

Pete