MH-60T Jayhawk water rescue

1 hour ago, Timmy! said:

I didn't know you were and art major!  I've never seen your beret.

I am an enigma.

a mystery wrapped in a riddle.

I was on an art scholarship to Wittenberg University out of high school. I lasted two years. Lets just say I didn’t fit in with that crowd…

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

I am an enigma.

a mystery wrapped in a riddle.

I was on an art scholarship to Wittenberg University out of high school. I lasted two years. Lets just say I didn’t fit in with that crowd…

That is fascinating. I was a classically trained graphic artist before computers were the norm. I did not fit into that crowd, either. I found critics and “experts” to be, quite honestly, not my kind of people. 

When do you start on the Jayhawk?

Thor    :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, bdthoresen said:

That is fascinating. I was a classically trained graphic artist before computers were the norm. I did not fit into that crowd, either. I found critics and “experts” to be, quite honestly, not my kind of people. 

When do you start on the Jayhawk?

Thor    :ph34r:

Hi Thor,

I think I’ll wait until Werner Wings releases the conversion and decals..I’d like to finish my Killer Egg also…but I may not be able to resist starting the Jayhawk :rolleyes:

Yep- not my crowd for sure. I can 100% guarantee that I am the only one from that class of students that went on to be a combat pilot- and that’s ok. It’s a big ‘ol world with room for everyone, regardless of what Bill Gates says B)

Funnily, my right-brain was also a bit out of place in the fighter community, but I was able to visualize/conceptualize things airborne differently than a lot of my peers. It made me an above average formation pilot, and my briefing boards were works of art!

cheers

Pete

11 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Thor,

I think I’ll wait until Werner Wings releases the conversion and decals..I’d like to finish my Killer Egg also…but I may not be able to resist starting the Jayhawk :rolleyes:

Yep- not my crowd for sure. I can 100% guarantee that I am the only one from that class of students that went on to be a combat pilot- and that’s ok. It’s a big ‘ol world with room for everyone, regardless of what Bill Gates says B)

Funnily, my right-brain was also a bit out of place in the fighter community, but I was able to visualize/conceptualize things airborne differently than a lot of my peers. It made me an above average formation pilot, and my briefing boards were works of art!

cheers

Pete

Dude, you are my people! I have been an aircraft maintainer and restorer for the last 27 years. I have been fortunate enough to work on everything from Piper J3’s, to 747’s. I have also been priveledged enough to work on experimentals, warbirds (P-51D, B-25J, T-6G, T-28C, Chipmunks, Tigermoths) and business jets. I currently work on the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye for NG. Aviation is my life’s passion, and I am still at it. The right side of my brain is not always welcome in my industry, but it serves me well. I can relate to everything you said. 

Looking forward to your further updates on not only the killer egg, but the Jayhawk as well!

Thor     :ph34r:

Edited by bdthoresen

• 1 month later...

Having been mostly away this summer I completely missed this, or I certainly would have said something sooner.  THIS is the kind of creative modeling that inspires us all!  Not that many of us could do this kind of work (I sure couldn't), but it pushes us all to a higher level of creativity in our modeling.  Congrat's Pig on superlative work with the water and I am certain that you are having a lot of fun doing it.  So cool....

Cheers,

Chuck

6 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Having been mostly away this summer I completely missed this, or I certainly would have said something sooner.  THIS is the kind of creative modeling that inspires us all!  Not that many of us could do this kind of work (I sure couldn't), but it pushes us all to a higher level of creativity in our modeling.  Congrat's Pig on superlative work with the water and I am certain that you are having a lot of fun doing it.  So cool....

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck- Appreciate the kind words!

This has been fun! I learned a lot in the process, and happy to pass it along.

Here it is from above:

95lj1OC.jpg

and here is where the mounting stick for the helicopter goes:

yt4Gxw4.jpg

Floyd is done with the decals and the resin conversion parts are almost there. I wrote some of the narrative for the decal insert. Fun project with more to follow!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

And this guy is done-

7UArgjD.jpg

more water work to go- almost done..then back to my Little Bird while I patiently wait for Floyd’s MH-60T conversion to be released 

Little Dude looks like he’s thinking, “Coast Guard??   Noooooooooooooo!”

• 1 month later...