MH-60T Jayhawk water rescue

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

More amazing stuff going on here!  The wet look is definitely achieved in my book. The wave action is looking tremendous. Ive been watching a lot of clear two part resin casing on You Tube lately, and have had a real hankering for a water dio of some sort..........really looking forward to the casting and pouring bit. Cant wait to see how the water itself gets finished off!

BTW,

When you do get to the clear casting stage, are you planning on painting (under or over surface or both) or using alcohol dyes or the like for the initial coloring of the water resin?

TIA

My plan is to tint the resin before pouring. I’ll also use some resin effects for the surface. I should be able to manipulate the color..whitecap the waves, etc

I chose a deep pour 2 part epoxy

SuperClear

should be able to do a 4 inch pour-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Amazing work Pete, just catching up on the progress. 

Im curious, why not use clear epoxy for the water? All the tutorials ive ever seen to make water was using clear epoxy. Your water came out amazing btw 

Also love the painting on the figure, do you airbrush that or paintbrush? 

Cheers

hey Neo,

I think you missed the part where I mentioned that the clay is the master pattern. I’ll use it to make an RTV mold and cast the water in clear resin.

Thanks! the figure was brush painted with Vallejo paints

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

10 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Sea Water Activated Release. Or something to that effect that I’ve forgotten in the intervening years. Basically it’s those round things you see on the end of the restraints on all USN ejection seats. They get wet and a small charge blows the Koch fitting off the torso harness. As Pig alludes, they blow and it’s gone. Unless you’re doing water survival, then the sadists release 1 fitting and proceed to drag you through the pool for a couple of laps as you struggle to release it with wet leather gloves… (ever wonder why you always see navy guys with the fingertips of their gloves cut off? That’s why. Sure they protect you from a fire, but you’ll drown trying to get the damn things off)

break break

Pig, looks great! Nice and soaked and miserable. Are you gonna put squadron markings on the helmet?

Thanks brother-

we had the WARRS on our seat in the Viper as well-

You know a fun detail would be to add a survival strobe to his brain bucket.  On most Navy/Marine flight equipment guys put a little square of fuzzy velcro on the helmet with a corresponding poky velcro on the strobe.

Here's some reference.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-army-navy-aircrew-survival-strobe-1862021445

Great project that makes me wet just thinking about it!

Timmy!

2 hours ago, Timmy! said:

You know a fun detail would be to add a survival strobe to his brain bucket.  On most Navy/Marine flight equipment guys put a little square of fuzzy velcro on the helmet with a corresponding poky velcro on the strobe.

Here's some reference.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-army-navy-aircrew-survival-strobe-1862021445

Great project that makes me wet just thinking about it!

Timmy!

I can do that.….

and go towel off-

Pigfighter