1/32 Tamiya P-51D 44-13298 "QP" flown by Korean ace Fred Ohr

As mentioned earlier, I'm on a 'cover as many nationalities from WWII as possible' trip these days. The air forces involved were relatively few, but other nationalities in the 'normal' airforces are good too.

So,,, this it Fred Ohr, born from Korean immigrant parents, who made a career in USAAF. Ohr is credited with 6 victories and 17 destoryed on the ground.

Kit is Tamiya almost oob - Resin wheels replace the rubber ones, barracuda cockpit stencils. All main markings are painted on with homemade masks (stencils from kits).

wagGQZO.jpg

IH8sAMm.jpg

76EtQjT.jpg

fYbFveY.jpg

AWpWeva.jpg

yNTIShb.jpg

vx2Sk9i.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2021 at 3:37 AM, Daniel Iscold said:

Dear Thomas

Nice build. But I'm sorry to inform you that you place the wheels in wrong position. Check some pictures. If possible chage their position to make a perfect model. 

Oh my god how could I make such a mistake (thanks Daniel). Will be a tough fix though...

Thanks all for the comments

1 hour ago, Thomas Lund said:

Oh my god how could I make such a mistake (thanks Daniel). Will be a tough fix though...

Thanks all for the comments

Dear Thomas:

Only those who didn´t build anything doesn´t make mistakes. You doing fine my friend, keep cut and gluing plastic and above all have fun. Don´t try to fix it if this going to mess with your model.

Always remember, your best model is the next one!!!! Best wishes 

Daniel Iscold 

Edited by Daniel Iscold