ICM Wishlist

MikeC

1 hour ago, frank83 said:

S.M 79 Sparviero! 1:32... Is that too much to dream of?

Kind of, I think... Unfortunately... That would be on my top shopping list if it ever came out, but I do not think it ever will in styrene. That's a big aircraft, meaning the tooling will cost too much to justify the investment. Kit makers nowadays are running away from such projects. Sad but true!

On 7/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, thierry laurent said:

The MiG-25 would be a terrific release!

It definitely would if we are talking about a 1/32 Foxbat here. That would be even more than terrific and nmber one kit of the year. But I doubt the same size constraint goes for the Mig-25 too. It will be a 75cm long kit and there's probably not one modeler who would suffice with a so-so kit of the Mig-25, so it must be a very detailed one. Given the size and detail factors, I do not see any manufacturer going that direction and undergo such a big investment.

A Foxbat would just need more cockpit detail, maybe a camera pallet if an RBT.

I have the 1/48 scale versions and the construction is almost "flat pack" based, with separate sides, upper and lower, so they would not need deep mould tools.

Good call. AM peeps would go nuts. Foxxxbaaaat. 

Tony  

4 hours ago, Tony T said:

A Foxbat would just need more cockpit detail, maybe a camera pallet if an RBT.

I have the 1/48 scale versions and the construction is almost "flat pack" based, with separate sides, upper and lower, so they would not need deep mould tools.

Good call. AM peeps would go nuts. Foxxxbaaaat. 

Tony  

I've built the 1:48 one. It's an unusual breakdown but it works, and goes together well apart from fitting the cockpit and nose module to the main fuselage.

13 hours ago, MikeC said:

I've built the 1:48 one. It's an unusual breakdown but it works, and goes together well apart from fitting the cockpit and nose module to the main fuselage.

I know. I trashed my first one at that stage of assembly, but that was me, not the kit. Tried to be too clever — and failed!

Tony

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

One of these, please.

e19b48d718d8decead0a4bce137d8d6e.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

Please allow me to repeat myself.

Or this:

yhjnyhn.jpg?w=584&h=318

or this:

mmp_orange_8121_macchi_c_205_veltro_page

There's simply not enough Italian WW2 planes available in injection molded LSP, and I think ICM would make a superb job of these.

Cheers,

Michael