ICM Wishlist

MikeC

11 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

I believe that most of the NAF trainers mounted a center-line float:

20180328-N3-N-3-Udvar-Hazy.jpg

Nice looking bird!

I’m not so sure.  Most were wheel based at various inland training bases.  Some definitely were on floats.  I believe the last ones retired were at the Naval Academy and they were on floats.  Retired in 1961 IIRC.  

On 7/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, npb748r said:

I'd like a chipmunk but suspect, based on general trends for new 1/32 aircraft, 2021/22 will be a barren year. Time to hit the stash !!!

I have to agree in some sense at least re 2021,

But, there is nothing wrong with hitting the stash at all! After all every one of those kits we each own was once the hot ticket that we were drooling over at some point so why not get into one of them now?

Best regards,

Paul

On 7/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, thierry laurent said:

I would not hold my breath for a Hurricane or a Macchi 202 from ICM for various reasons, two being first that at least two families of kits of each one were already released and second that one release of each has already been made by a company quite comparable to ICM (Special Hobby/PCM and Fly).

Sorry but ICM are nothing like those.  Perhaps they were once but they are very much mainstream now with their current releases.  Their fit is as good as you can get with great engineering.  Try their Gladiator and I-16, for instance, nothing like the current short run Special Hobby kits such as the Whirlwind.  I also have a few of their 1/48 kits such as the He111, Invader, Ju88 and Do17 in the stash and they are first class. 

Personally I would love to see a Lysander from ICM IN 1/32 not to mention the previously mentioned Hurricane and Macchi.  

No, no Laurent. They’re not comparable.

Of all the Eastern European kit manufacturers, ICM is easily at the very top.  Choice of subject, ease of assembly. precise fit, just the right amount of detail, democratic price, no un-necessary hype,… they tick all the boxes for me.

Now how about a nice 1/32 Bristol Bulldog? The mere prospect of detailing that supercharged Jupiter VII engine makes my mouth water. And all that shining kitchen foil to represent the bare metal… Yummy! :rolleyes:

Edited by quang
Typo

1 hour ago, quang said:

Of all the Eastern European kit manufacturers, ICM is easily at the very top.  Choice of subject, ease of assembly. precise fit, just the right amount of detail, democratic price, no un-necessary hype,… they tick all the boxes for me.

that sums up ICM for me as well.  I'm so impressed by how far all of them have come and how good their kit choices are, ICM are ahead but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of them if it's an aircraft I want. It does feel like there is a shift happening in 1/32 aircraft kits away from the far east in terms of volume of new kits and creative thinking about the subject. Long may this continue please and I will support them with my hard earned money.