Werners Wings 1/35 USCG HH-60J / MH-60T Jayhawk Conversion and Decals Coming Soon!

seiran01

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update from Floyd today on the Jayhawk set(s)

“Werner’s Wings will be temporarily closed until 20 December while I go fly Cobras for the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation at Pax River to teach Navy test pilots to fly the AH-1F.  

When I return I will have the Jayhawk ready for sale.  It will be $60 for the conversion/decal set. 

Extra decals will be available for $25.

Thanks for your patience.”

33 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Wee question from someone ignorant in the details, but can this conversion kit be used for the Academy UH-60L?

I very much doubt it.  The majority of the naval versions (excluding the MH-60S) had a different fuselage (cabin, window, pylons, folding tail, cabin doors, etc.) and landing gear arrangement than the Army versions.  I expect these changes won’t be included as it’s anticipated you’ll use the KH naval H-60 kits as a basis, which already include all of those changes.  It’s likely you’ll need the KH HH-60H kit specifically as it’s the only one that has the correct left side window arrangement used on the CG Jayhawks.

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I very much doubt it.  The majority of the naval versions (excluding the MH-60S) had a different fuselage (cabin, window, pylons, folding tail, cabin doors, etc.) and landing gear arrangement than the Army versions.  I expect these changes won’t be included as it’s anticipated you’ll use the KH naval H-60 kits as a basis, which already include all of those changes.  It’s likely you’ll need the KH HH-60H kit specifically as it’s the only one that has the correct left side window arrangement used on the CG Jayhawks.

Looks like I shall have to order another kit next year.....