Werners Wings 1/35 USCG HH-60J / MH-60T Jayhawk Conversion and Decals Coming Soon!

seiran01

On 12/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, seiran01 said:

Update from Floyd today on the Jayhawk set(s)

“Werner’s Wings will be temporarily closed until 20 December while I go fly Cobras for the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation at Pax River to teach Navy test pilots to fly the AH-1F.  

When I return I will have the Jayhawk ready for sale.  It will be $60 for the conversion/decal set. 

Extra decals will be available for $25.

Thanks for your patience.”

tell him to save 2 of them for me!!! 

very psyched-

cheers

Pete

This is my number one build of 2022. Just a few questions to those in the know.

Will the conversion come with just one tank? I see most of the Jay’s have at least two tanks, maybe even three.

The interior is going to have to be scratch built, I’ve built the 1/48 Black dog set for my Italeri Jayhawk. Is this an accurate internal layout? I’m also wondering what the base plates for the rear bulkhead seats look like, are the seat rotatable or is it just for strengthening?

Thanks in advance for any help given, can’t wait for the conversion to be released.

Cheers. 

5 hours ago, Wafu said:

This is my number one build of 2022. Just a few questions to those in the know.

Will the conversion come with just one tank? I see most of the Jay’s have at least two tanks, maybe even three.

The interior is going to have to be scratch built, I’ve built the 1/48 Black dog set for my Italeri Jayhawk. Is this an accurate internal layout? I’m also wondering what the base plates for the rear bulkhead seats look like, are the seat rotatable or is it just for strengthening?

Thanks in advance for any help given, can’t wait for the conversion to be released.

Cheers. 

The KH kits come with two tanks, or are the Jayhawk tanks different than the ones used by other naval Seahawks?

The only interior parts I designed for Floyd’s set are the new control panel for the -T and two parts to modify the kit panel if building a -J. The decision was made to forego other interior parts to help keep costs down and not delay the release. The rescue basket is available from a seller via Shapeways already and it looks pretty good. Another of the folks working on the conversion parts (Ramon?) designed the shorty fuel tank, the other two fuel tanks come from the kit. 
The other resin covers the radome, flir dome for the -T (we didn’t do the older larger flir for the J as it seems to have been rarely installed), the Trakkabeam searchlight with mount for the -T and older Nightsun searchlight for the J

9 minutes ago, Wafu said:

That’s a good point from Dave, are the Sea Hawk tanks different? Is the short tank just on the starboard side for access to the cabin door?

I helped Floyd with the research-

as far as I was able to determine, the tanks are the same Tanks; and the third shorty tank often seen on the USCG is by the same manufacturer-

So for the tanks, Floyd is doing the shorty tank only & the modeler will use the other two tanks included with the KH kit for a three tank load.

HTH

P

EDIT: See Seiran01’s post above- I think we were typing at the same time in response 

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Brilliant info straight from the guys who have helped Floyd, it’s appreciated.

If we are to use the kit tanks and seeing that some J’s have three tanks fitted, is there a chance a sponson extension part, for the port side, be included in the release?

Not adverse to a tad of scratch building and thanks for the basket info.

Its a great reason to want Christmas to come.

1 hour ago, Wafu said:

Brilliant info straight from the guys who have helped Floyd, it’s appreciated.

If we are to use the kit tanks and seeing that some J’s have three tanks fitted, is there a chance a sponson extension part, for the port side, be included in the release?

Not adverse to a tad of scratch building and thanks for the basket info.

Its a great reason to want Christmas to come.

the port sponson extension parts are already on the sprues in the Rescuehawk kit :) 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, cxk5075 said:

I see these are up for pre-order on Werner's Wings website.  Does anyone know if the decal sheets are included in the conversion price, or would you need to order a decal sheet to go with the conversion kit?

I'm pretty certain the decals are included.