Wild Hare 1/32 F-16 XL Conversion

KWWMINER

I know it has been a long time the Wid Hare 1/32 Airframe I conversion came out, but does know of or could anyone point me to a possible source. I have an ATTIC airframe conversion for the Hasegawa kit it is so poorly made that I have taken to calling it Franstein. Extensive grafting of donor kit fuselage sections is required is required on the front and rear of the resin parts and the side fuselage seams have quarter inch gaps. These are just some of the issues. The resin is too flexible and prone to breakage as well. I really wanted to build the single seat F-16XL is required prototype in the Heater Ferris wrap-around color scheme. I just do not want to spend the the time on the massive amount Bondo and body work needed to bring the ATTIC conversion into buildable shape.

ANy suggestions would be helpful!

There was a wild hare on eBay a day or two ago but $950 buy it now or starting bid…. You gotta really want one badly for that. Then again, I’ve owned a few ATTIC kits years ago and they were all frigging atrocious, so yeah I’d argue 950 may be worth it lol

Skunkworks Models (an offshoot of Kinetic) have both the single and two-seater released as kits in 1:48 scale.  Mike Valdez was apparently involved with checking shapes, so I'd believe they would be far more accurate than anything else out there.  Parts are shared with the Kinetic F-16, so there is some concession to economy and accuracy, but I believe the newly tooled fuselages will be a good template to work from.

Jens

Please ignore! Original post was created by myself, in error. See the next poster's post, which I am unable to do anything about. Just to clarify, my original statement was an error - I had got the manufacturer wrong! 

Chris.

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Amending some information.

7 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Not wanting to "rain-on-anyone's-parade" here, but Kinetic have announced they're closing down their business this year (it might have already happened - I'm not too sure). I would assume that Skunkworks have also been shut down. It's a shame - SW produced some very nice ground-support vehicles. 

Chris.

Kinetic shutting down?  That’s news to me.  Kinetic is owned by Lucky Model and they seem to still be putting out kits.  Recently released the F-104G/S, an IA-58 Pucara, a USN ground support equipment set, and reissued some of their older kits like F-16s and Mirages with parts from their IDF and French weapons sets, respectively.

Was it Attic who made the “correction set” for the Wild Hare XL conversion? I have both the WH XL and the correction set - got them when they first came out - but haven’t dug into them yet.

From memory, the Wild Hare is better cast and had a neater master by way of panel lines and surface details, the corrected set had a few corrections done. A real conundrum on which to use.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:23 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

Sorry.... that's what happens when you type posts late at night. It should read "Kittyhawk" and NOT Kinetic! My mistake. I apologise for any distress I might have caused....

Chris. 

On the bright side, your forum name is quite fitting in this instance. I would at least consider removing or editing your original statement.