Revell Messerschmitt Bf 109-G6 late

duke_

Hello guys!

i am starting a new project ; another me 109 g6 with some extras..

i haven't decide the paint scheme yet, i am still looking for some interesting G6 profile

i will use in addition:

eduard brassin engine

eduard brassin cockpit

eduard g6 wheels

hgw seatbelts

painted insignia

master brass  mg 131

thanks for watching!

7gKXUL8.jpg 

OUxVZiw.jpg

oIIUrcz.jpg m bx8UbAe.jpg

8XrHRgk.jpg

and here is the engine so far

the final lines cables and hoses will be done after the engine is installed on the fuselage

HOKhn5E.jpg.       9WLO7A9.jpg

awbTokh.jpg

QUbwCwU.jpgWOT7MaA.jpg

have cut off the machine gun barrels and i will replace them with the brass-ones from Master

Sxr2F8F.jpg

at this point i have decided i wanted the engine to be fully exposed , so i cut off the upper cowling of the fuselage completely..

then i realized that the front end of the engine doesn,t meet the front end of the fuselage as it suppose to do in real aircraft (am i right?..

i have to figure out how i am going to fix this now...   

5P4H5XA.jpg

Edited by duke_

Wowzers, that's some superb detailing and painting there! Love that cockpit!

Mmmm, yes, that Brassin engine does seem to be a little on the short side - that forward exhaust flange on the manifold should be almost where that lower cowl clip is situated...looking at pictures quickly in my books - and I might be wrong here due the angle of the above picture - it seems as if even the supercharger on the Brassin egine is a bit too far back, it seems it should be slightly more forward towards the wing leading edge by the same amount you're short of in the front.
Perhaps the easiest option would be to pry the engine and bearers off the firewall and the extend the engine bearers at the back where they meet/mount the firewall?
I'm not sure how the engine etc has been engineered, so don't know if that is a viable option....
Good luck, I'm sure others that know more will chime in here as well

5 hours ago, IainM said:

Wowzers, that's some superb detailing and painting there! Love that cockpit!

Mmmm, yes, that Brassin engine does seem to be a little on the short side - that forward exhaust flange on the manifold should be almost where that lower cowl clip is situated...looking at pictures quickly in my books - and I might be wrong here due the angle of the above picture - it seems as if even the supercharger on the Brassin egine is a bit too far back, it seems it should be slightly more forward towards the wing leading edge by the same amount you're short of in the front.
Perhaps the easiest option would be to pry the engine and bearers off the firewall and the extend the engine bearers at the back where they meet/mount the firewall?
I'm not sure how the engine etc has been engineered, so don't know if that is a viable option....
Good luck, I'm sure others that know more will chime in here as well

thanks IainM,

yes i thought about that , moving the engine forward and not glue it directly to the firewall , but then there is another problem ..the exhausts 

i don't know maybe i put back the upper cowling again,

but i wasn't expecting that kind of error especially when eduard claims that this engine is designed for revell kit

maybe they didn't think that someone would like to display a full exposed engine

maybe i should do a crashed plane diorama :)))

2bQtzVH.jpg

Edited by duke_

That looks awesome Duke!

I would try and temporarily fit the exhaust, at least the front and rear ones, and see how everything aligns from there before doing any major reconstruction. If the exhaust lines up then I’d fit the upper cowl piece, directly behind the propellor spinner, and see how that looks. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Wolf

2 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

That looks awesome Duke!

I would try and temporarily fit the exhaust, at least the front and rear ones, and see how everything aligns from there before doing any major reconstruction. If the exhaust lines up then I’d fit the upper cowl piece, directly behind the propellor spinner, and see how that looks. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf!

yes you're right  i think thats the way .. will see how it goes..

small update ..

cockpit installed and fuselage closed! 

just a question about the rear compartment.. the revell includes a battery box instead the flat panel for the late version, on the other hand eduard cockpit

does not include a battery box compartment of the same version ..

i am not an expert in 109 variants but is this right?  or only the AS versions had the battery box installed? there are so many variations and modifications ..

UGLrZ7G.jpg. xdF5OqA.jpg 

dry fitting of firewall and engine and dividing the space between them , so that the engine meets the front end of the fuselage..

i don't know it may works this way..  i didn't face any problem with the exhausts

OjzhCZv.jpg5sL4IND.jpgOJYtIEQ.jpg

15 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Duke-

your paint, weathering, and detail work is outstanding- you’ll figure out the engine issue and press-on to complete a beautiful 109. Keep going!

cheers

Pete

thank you Pete! i appreciate your comments

moving to the landing gear..

i am trying to simulate the cable lines like the real thing after looking  some photos of the real aircraft..

using telescopic brass tube 

i do have some ANYZ resin cable connectors but i wanted to try anyway..

cheers! 

dSdlF4w.jpg

op6CRL3.jpg

LdIMSyG.jpg

Edited by duke_

Beautiful work!  I love what you've done with the cockpit and the engine so far!  Be careful with the landing gear!  Revell's attachment design makes the leg susceptible to breakage near the base.  Synthetic Ordnance Works makes metal-reinforced landing gear legs for the Revell 109G kits, among others.  You can check them out on the Sponsors Board.

UHj7S7.png