Anyone with Revell Insight?

AlanG

On 7/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, oyoy5 said:

Not sure what Revells thoughts are but the Ju 88A-4 and He 111H-6 would sell a crap ton so what are they waiting for.

I sold an Ju88A-4 a coupla years ago at a FB auction and barely got my purchase price back.

It is a question of business model. What we consider to be demand is not aligned with the way they are planning their re-releases as Revell is a mass producer selling kits in toy shops amongst other channels, not a niche one relying on hardcore modellers.Their demand is not our demand. They want to be sure to sell the next large batch very quickly and time is a simple way to increase that probability. This explains that.

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

It is a question of business model. What we consider to be demand is not aligned with the way they are planning their re-releases as Revell is a mass producer selling kits in toy shops amongst other channels, not a niche one relying on hardcore modellers.Their demand is not our demand. They want to be sure to sell the next large batch very quickly and time is a simple way to increase that probability. This explains that.

I agree with your comment on that, however, how long is it since they released the 1/48 scale F-89 Scorpions as an example here. How long is long as regards enough time to clear existing stocks. Perhaps if it's financially viable why not do smaller production batches to clear them quicker. Just a thought.

43 minutes ago, Royboy said:

I agree with your comment on that, however, how long is it since they released the 1/48 scale F-89 Scorpions as an example here. How long is long as regards enough time to clear existing stocks. Perhaps if it's financially viable why not do smaller production batches to clear them quicker. Just a thought.

Do not forget that Revell owns thousands of molds and each re-release is costing them money. So, they plan them for sure but except insiders only god knows how they are determining the order of revival of each topic. Moreover specific events have also an impact (think gulf War, top gun or Star Wars movie, etc. etc.) and modify the plans. Globally this discussion is similar to the ones related to the next Tamiya LSP! Nobody knows here. I know it is frustrating but we simply need to be patient.

9 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

I certainly cannot begin to understand why Revell is sitting on these fine kits. To let the molds just sit and collect dust when there is so much demand is astounding. 

It also takes money to make money, they might not have the cash flow to do re-releases,

Other thought dis Revell Germany get all the rights and molds from Revell USA when the closed? 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Still hoping Revell will tweak the 88 into a C-6 night-fighter. New variant for just a few parts.

Tony

Hi!

So do I......

As you say, there´s only a few parts needed.

Cheers! 

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

11 hours ago, oyoy5 said:

Yes Ju 88C-6 would be awesome and yes very few new parts such as nose, flame dampers and small cockpit update but man would it sell.

Definitely would buy/build a C-6. And speaking of night fighters; could Dragon please continue their Me110E into a G-4?

16 hours ago, Neo said:

Other thought dis Revell Germany get all the rights and molds from Revell USA when the closed? 

All of Revell was bought by Quantum Capital Partners which included Revell USA's assets.

Revell USA is being revived and stlll marketing kits. It's a long story so google is your friend.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Basically as i see it, it's suck it and see. Revell seem not too bothered that there is a demand for them (judging by evilbay and other site sales). And then they wonder why they have no money. Oh well. I can only hope that one day i come across a He111 H6 kit on the cheap. But i'm not going to hold my breath.