Anyone with Revell Insight?

AlanG

Who would have ever thought the Ju-88A kit supply from Revell would just dry up.  There are many strategies to revitalize a business after bankruptcy.  One should be selling the kits people want.  A depressing thought... Maybe everyone that wants a kit has one; no real demand.  

Revell did re-release the Ju 88 A-4, but stuffed it full of motors and flashing lights at 3-4 times its previous high street price. If it didn't sell well it's probably put them off a repop as a regular plastic kit.

The moral: don't spoil a good model with gimmicks.

Tony 

7 hours ago, Tony T said:

Revell did re-release the Ju 88 A-4, but stuffed it full of motors and flashing lights at 3-4 times its previous high street price. If it didn't sell well it's probably put them off a repop as a regular plastic kit.

The moral: don't spoil a good model with gimmicks.

Tony 

I saw an A-4 a few days back, seller was asking $200. I just laughed and moved on.

Revell does have a big hunk of plastic in the works, their all-new 1/48 SR-71A. They’ve not shared much but their “Grey Project” blog and Faceboink page shows renders of the engines (yes, two) and a display stand. Not a true LSP but plenty big. 

Revell’s Project Manager is retiring soon, too. That was announced a few days ago on Hyperscale. There’s always something.

Adam

8 hours ago, adameliclem said:

... 1/48 SR-71A ... Not a true LSP but plenty big.

Having built the old Testors offering I can confirm that a 1:48 Blackbird is considerably bigger than a lot of the LSPs in my collection.  Looking forward to this one. 

16 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Revell does have a big hunk of plastic in the works, their all-new 1/48 SR-71A.

Sorry but.... Yawn!

Not my thing. I'm sure it'll sell to some people. But i'm not wanting it.

I’m sending Revell and email now, But if that does not work let Hasegawa use the Ju 88A-4 and He 111H-6 molds and make a crap ton of money.  At this point I’m wondering what will happen to the Bf 109, Fw 190 and Me 262 molds once we can’t find those kits anymore like the Ju 88 and He 111.  

In Revell's "new for 2021" announcement issued in early-January they mentioned a "new tool" 1/72 F-15E. This is the first "new tool" model commissioned by Revell under new management. Although some LSP fans may have missed the announcement because of the scale, it is extremely significant because it signals Revell's return to commissioning new models. More will surely follow.

Radu

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up trying to fathom Revell several years after I bought their later edition of the 1/32 F-4E Phantom II and RF-4C Phantom II.  I could see by the way they engineered the parts sprues they they were thinking about releasing the whole line of the Phabulous Phantoms from the F-4B to the F-4S (and possibly even including the UK Phantoms) but did they?  Nope...  We finally got an F-4G Phantom a couple of years ago but only after they were extremely sure Tamiya wasn't going to release one...  So who can fathom Revell or any other model company directors board?  And why bother....

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread, but the hobby shop I visited today has 2(!) Ju88A-4 with bombs (don't know if there is a version without them?). If anyone is interested let me know and I might be able to help out. (it's one of those rare shops without Internet presence) I like Ju88s but it's far too large for me. :) 

I live in The Netherlands.

No Heinkels, though.

Jeroen