Anyone with Revell Insight?

AlanG

A quick question to anyone who may have some knowledge regarding Revell and their moulds. I am a big fan of the Ju88 and the He111. Obviously in 1/32 scale Revell are the only game in town.

Does anyone know as to why they are not re-releasing their kits of these aircraft? They were received very well with the public and trying to find any at a decent price is like pulling hens teeth. I am lucky i have got a Ju88 A4 kit but as of yet the He111 H6 kit has eluded me. They seem to command totally insane prices. 

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

I wish I had Revell insight. I'd like to know if/when they're going to release Special Hobby's

Tempest Mk II without PE and less than $100+.    :shrug:

I'll buy that one as well.

Cheers

Dennia

The P-51D late is on its way this year but I would love to see the Ju 88A-4 and He 111H-6.  Both of those kits were very good and I would think would sell a lot better than the F-18 Super Bug which is still available but a tough build.

I agree Sean,

The Ju-88A kits are a great build.  Pastor John has a great selection on conversion sets but no (donor) kits are available.   I have  V-1 buzz bombs but no He 111 kit.  I want Revell to re-release at least the sprues in a box for both kits.  

Man, if Revell ever decided to re-mold the P-51B, up to their latest standards. They can print their own money.

Imagine, a great fitting kit, with a decent detailed cockpit and decals at an affordable price. Holy crap, they can roll in the armoured trucks.

4 hours ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Man, if Revell ever decided to re-mold the P-51B, up to their latest standards. They can print their own money.

Imagine, a great fitting kit, with a decent detailed cockpit and decals at an affordable price. Holy crap, they can roll in the armoured trucks.

Ya….I’d be all over that! Like a hobo on a ham sandwich 

Im just waiting for the Razor crest! 

but yeah a P-51B in the same standard/price as their current D would make a killing. There has to be a reason that no one is making them

5 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-06781-razor-crest--1324423

One of these is a rebox of the other 4 sure. Cant believe that 2 models cies came up with the same model same scale same release date

On 7/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Well if it is of any interest when I spoke to them in 2019 I suggested they take a look at doing the entire family of 51's.

In particular the A/B/C versions and they were not averse to it.  I was told that they'd already had discussions about them.

So, no guarantees, but it seems at least someone has thought about the idea which at least should give some hope for the future no matter how small the chances. 

And what to say about their new tool 109s. Bf 109G-6 is still available and going strong but Erla G-10 boxing are nowhere to be found. And the kit is constructed that any Gustav can be made with some additional sprues...Imagine G-1/3/5 OR G-5/6/14AS OR G-12 or....

But unfortunately they remain blind at chance to make good sales because any 109 subtype will be sold like crazy.