Hobbyworld USA

Nick

I need some help.  I can't get any response from Matt @ Hobbyworld USA.  I have contacted him several times about my order, 2 times he said that his Anyz order was back ordered.  That's fair.  I bought it the first time the second time he LIED to me about Anyz I had already ordered form Anyz and is being shipped now.  So I have asked him for a refund no response. I have asked him to ship me what he had of my order and refund me the rest.  Once again no response.  What should I do?  I can't publicly shame him his reputation has already done that. So what do I do?

He has explained that due to the mess called 2020, his suppliers are having trouble

shipping orders like his. Anyz shipping to you directly is much simpler that shipping

larger quantities to retailers.

Liar ?

sYTmL0T.jpg?1

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Try contacting him through Facebook.  That seems to get a quicker response than an email.  I've had tons of issues ordering from them, but they're still the only US stockist for Zero Paints, which is a pain.

Matt. 

Yes. Go through FB messenger. He answers fairly quickly.

Tim

48 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thank you for all your help.

No surprise at all, based upon my several past experiences with HobbyWorld.  The fact that you might get a better response by chasing Matt down through Facebook is stupid- either you have a business to run at your own website or you don't.  Depending on how you paid, I would go straight to your credit card company or Paypal to demand a refund, but before I did that, I would warn Matt in the subject line of your email.  That's how I got my last shipment that was held in limbo for months for no reason.  If Matt gets enough of these credit card complaints, he won't have a business.  Also, for any Anyz products, order directly from them.  They usually ship the same day as ordered and delivery was quick.

Good luck,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

I have no problem with them, it takes a while to get things, I have called him on the phone when needed.  I have some zero product on back order with him and it has been a real bear to get that stuff of late.  I had him ship my stuff that was available and maybe someday I will get the zero paint stuff I ordered.  Not on him just taking for ever to get it from the U.K.  Brexit may mean that England Br exited the planet not just the E.U.

Hi Chuck;

Matt did respond to me on Facebook.  After we messaged I decided to give him one more week.  Probably stupid of me but I just want my stuff.  

My Anyz resin is on the way and I am very excited for it to come.

Are you and your family staying cool in the heat?

Call him. He has his number listed in the website. He is one of only two vendors in US I know of that stocks mr paint products. I usually call him and he will check on stock on this type of product. He may not pick up on first call but you can leave a message. He has always gotten back to me.   

I would forget Facebook. Many people don’t check it I am one of them. Not a fan. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul2660

4 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

The fact that you might get a better response by chasing Matt down through Facebook is stupid- either you have a business to run at your own website or you don't.

It's the Hobbyworld-USA Facebook page. So not his personal one.

Matt 

• 1 year later...

Maybe they were okay a few years ago, but not anymore. I ordered two sets of Hataka paint in May 2022, heard nothing,emailed them in July 2022, no answer. I tried the phone recently, and no response to my message. (Live people don't answer the phone there.) Absolutely positively the worst mail order business of any kind I have dealt with. BTW, my charge card was charged in May and there was no indication on their website the paint was out of stock. We are all all dealing with delays these days, but this is not right. Go to spruebrothers.com and andyshhq.com.  I have been in this hobby for decades and have always had very good experience with Internet vendors..  This is my first experience getting ripped off by a vendor, so I still count myself lucky.  Generally we can trust the vendors we deal with and depend upon.  Just not these guys.

35 minutes ago, Red Jack said:

Maybe they were okay a few years ago, but not anymore. I ordered two sets of Hataka paint in May 2022, heard nothing,emailed them in July 2022, no answer. I tried the phone recently, and no response to my message. (Live people don't answer the phone there.) Absolutely positively the worst mail order business of any kind I have dealt with. BTW, my charge card was charged in May and there was no indication on their website the paint was out of stock. We are all all dealing with delays these days, but this is not right. Go to spruebrothers.com and andyshhq.com.  I have been in this hobby for decades and have always had very good experience with Internet vendors..  This is my first experience getting ripped off by a vendor, so I still count myself lucky.  Generally we can trust the vendors we deal with and depend upon.  Just not these guys.

Another unflattering thread, reference Hobbyworld-USA:

And part 3:

At the risk of sounding impossibly naive, how can this ******* continue?

• 5 months later...

I made a purchase from them on April 5th for 2 items. I get an email that one item is on back order... Why was I able to put it in my cart and purchase is beyond me. Matt says he will put in a order from VMS and it should be 7-14 days. Still nothing. I emailed him 3 days ago with no reply. Thankfully I wasn't charge for the item but it kind of sucks because I needed that item and been waiting for 5 weeks now. Won't see my business anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, A-10LOADER said:

Why anyone still deals with this guy is beyond me ?? He's been a s**tshow for years now.

Steve

This is an old thread, I won:t comment on the business, I have not ordered from this retailer in over two years.  If you note most of the posts on this are pretty old.  Your experience may be more current than most.