P-51B upgrade ,,,

MikeMaben

I've ordered them as well to use for my Revell 51D to 51B conversion (can be seen in in the works)

Not totally sure if they will work though.  Look great but as they are molded for the Trumpeter kit, and from what I could tell the spine on that kit is too round/bulged.

So may not match the spine of my conversion. But perhaps I can modify to do so.... certainly getting the canopy to look right has been the biggest issue, and if it does fit it will solve a big headache.

IMG_20201108_121640

IMG_20210411_100628

Well I hope all these work out for you guys, I would be interested to hear how they work on the models when you get them.

I think they should fit the Revell P-51B kit with a little bit of work, the centre section MALCOLM hood, should work but the rear and screen would need to be worked in a little I feel. Not sure where you will end up ironman1945 as you have already done a fair bit of work…….

As for the shipping to the U.S. apologies for that but I think some of it was driven by hikes in the US Mail system, the reason I say that, is that the USA used to be the cheapest country to ship items to out side of the EU, it is now the most expensive place in the world to ship to from the U.K. 

It is cheaper (not by much) to send to Peru, Australia etc, that are further away……the mind boggles.

Ali

• MikeMaben changed the title to P-51B upgrade ,,,
11 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Well I hope all these work out for you guys, I would be interested to hear how they work on the models when you get them.

I think they should fit the Revell P-51B kit with a little bit of work, the centre section MALCOLM hood, should work but the rear and screen would need to be worked in a little I feel. Not sure where you will end up ironman1945 as you have already done a fair bit of work…….

As for the shipping to the U.S. apologies for that but I think some of it was driven by hikes in the US Mail system, the reason I say that, is that the USA used to be the cheapest country to ship items to out side of the EU, it is now the most expensive place in the world to ship to from the U.K. 

It is cheaper (not by much) to send to Peru, Australia etc, that are further away……the mind boggles.

Ali

Thanks Ali.  In retrospect, instead of trying to "Frankenstein" all the various kit canopy sections I have, I should have bit the bullet and carved/molded an entire new section as you have done in your replacement parts. Oh well, live and learn!  At least with your parts I think it should be a great starting point. Cheers!

Dave/Ironman1945