RFI Takom 1/16 scale Panzer I Ausf. A with SOLModel Figure

Gazzas

8 hours ago, Iain said:

Really like that - beautifully built finished!  :thumbsup:

I'm part way through building the MiG Ammo release with the Breda gun - really enjoying it as something different - but there are a lot of ejector pin marks to sort. No biggie, but was a little surprised with that...

Iain

Thank you, Iain.  I forgot all about the ejector pins once I realized how long the weathering was taking.:doh:  It's quite a large kit with large fields to weather.

8 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Nicely done sir.  Question for you if you know:  When did the Germans start/stop using the yellow ochre crosses on their early war vehicles?   Some of the early war photos have what is identified as the yellow ochre iron cross.  I am not familiar with a lot of the early war markings and such so I was curious.

Thank you!  I don't know the exact date that they started putting yellow ochre over the white crosses.  But I do know that during the western campaigns in 1940, the hollow cross was in use.

This Armored car photo is captioned April 9, 1940.

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Very good job!  It is a great kit.  I am sure I will use the figure now that I see yours 

Thank you!  The face is a nice face for painting.   Some collar tab, Panzer Beret,  and should board decals would have made for a better finish. 

Just now, Gazzas said:

Thank you, Joe!

Dude.....I'm trying to make a comeback to the forum scene. Work issues, complete bathroom renovation, truck mods, car repairs......man just a whole gaggle of stuff going on.

Just now, mustang1989 said:

Dude.....I'm trying to make a comeback to the forum scene. Work issues, complete bathroom renovation, truck mods, car repairs......man just a whole gaggle of stuff going on.

I hear you, Joe.  I'm not here as much as I used to be, either.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, Juggernut said:

Nicely done sir.  Question for you if you know:  When did the Germans start/stop using the yellow ochre crosses on their early war vehicles?   Some of the early war photos have what is identified as the yellow ochre iron cross.  I am not familiar with a lot of the early war markings and such so I was curious.

The yellow ochre crosses started during the Polish campaign as the white made it too easy to spot and use as a aiming point for anti-tank gunners on these early thinly armored tanks. They were only sporadically seen in France, as better armored tanks took over. Don’t recall seeing any pics of them in Africa or Russia.

On 6/27/2021 at 4:20 AM, N.H.71 said:

Nice job on your „Krupp Sport“.

I‘ m just waiting for Jeff Shui‘s Africa crew to place mine to that theatre.

Do you have sources or contemporary pics about „orange“ coloured ear pads on Dfh.b?

Sincerely, Nils

FYI, AFV Modeller has a pair of Afrika Korps figures, too: https://www.afvmodeller.com/product/116-afrika-korps-tank-crew116-afrika-korps-tank-crew-for-takom-panzer-1-kit/ .

BTW, great job on the Pz I kit, Gaz!

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

FYI, AFV Modeller has a pair of Afrika Korps figures, too: https://www.afvmodeller.com/product/116-afrika-korps-tank-crew116-afrika-korps-tank-crew-for-takom-panzer-1-kit/ .

BTW, great job on the Pz I kit, Gaz!

Thanks for the hint and the link.

Received the parcel in the meantime so another project for the future.