NEW P-51B canopy sets are now available for pre-order for the 1/32 Trumpeter kits

Ali62

That s really great Ali.

This will also correct the bizarre shape problem of the rear cockpit area. In Trumpy s kit this area is too large and looks ugly.

But Trumpy's kit still has another serious problem. The exhaust section is really too bad. And not correct. (No serious modification set in the market)

If you can add an exhaust set ( both of shrouded and not shrouded) it s will be a great addition.

Cheers

Thank you guys for the orders so far, always appreciated.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Tolga ULGUR said:

That s really great Ali.

This will also correct the bizarre shape problem of the rear cockpit area. In Trumpy s kit this area is too large and looks ugly.

But Trumpy's kit still has another serious problem. The exhaust section is really too bad. And not correct. (No serious modification set in the market)

If you can add an exhaust set ( both of shrouded and not shrouded) it s will be a great addition.

Cheers

Thank you Tolga. I have looked at the cowling as a whole unit, some changes are needed, to improve the look, but I think I will post some pictures and ideas that guys can use, as to make a new resin part will just involve tricky cutting and further work, but some careful re-scribing and small changes will help the look a lot.

From your comments above would you just like to see some replacement exhaust stacks? If so perhaps I will look at those when I get a chance.

cheers Ali

19 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Thank you guys for the orders so far, always appreciated.

Thank you Tolga. I have looked at the cowling as a whole unit, some changes are needed, to improve the look, but I think I will post some pictures and ideas that guys can use, as to make a new resin part will just involve tricky cutting and further work, but some careful re-scribing and small changes will help the look a lot.

From your comments above would you just like to see some replacement exhaust stacks? If so perhaps I will look at those when I get a chance.

cheers Ali

Exhaust bay of Trumpy's looks too large  and the exhaust stacks are terrible.

Modeler may correct this bay by adding some plastic parts and use an aftermarket exhaust set produced for another Mustang kit

Ali, if possible you can create a set including new stacks and a part correcting the bay. I am not sure this is possible or not

Cheers

Hi Ali,

I did Exhaust for the Trumpeter but only un-shrouded. Print was done with Formlabs Form 2, which 3D printer do you have?

I change several times the design and did modifications until I was satisfied, so if You like it send me a PM.

BR / Ralph

LSP 3D EXHAUST

TRUMP-Exhaust.jpg

Edited by Ralph-D

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Ali, arrived safe and sound, thank you

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis

thank you for the heads up, the instructions will be up on the website soon, apologies for the delay, but most customers elsewhere in the world will not have to wait as the mail will take longer than me to get the instructions up :)

• 4 weeks later...