I've recently started using one from 3M, and really like it. It's only good for very light sanding, however, as it's not very aggressive at all. Really handing for polishing out rough paint, etc. I also use the spongey sanding sticks from Flory, which are great for avoiding flat spots on fuselage spines, etc.

Kev

I bought a set of graded sanding pads, i entered micromesh into the ebay search bar and got about 10 or 12 pads ranging from pretty coarse to 20,000 or some crazy number.   Used in order, they make short work of defects, and leave no trace of any scratches.  

they are pretty small, though, about 2x2 inches.  

I make my own sticks using mounting tape sold almost on every corner. Little Ronsonol to remove old tape, stick new one and cut to shape. Any sandpaper 400 to 2000 can be used. As for sponges, car parts (Autozone, Advance auto parts etc.) stores sell them up to 2000 grit.

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Found this set on Amazon. Are the grits selection good enough for modeling?

Screenshot_20210626-114506_Chrome

Tim

That's exactly what I bought. If it's a big nub like a sprue connector, I do use a coarse sanding stick and then immediately move to to pads to leave it smooth.