RIP Lothar

mozart

I've just had the following very sad news about a member of our LSP community:

"Hi mozart! 
My name I Joerg and I am a friend of Lothar. He always told me about you and your conversations on LSP and I think he liked you a lot.
Around noontime today Lothar‘s wife Silvia rang me up notifying me that Lothar sadly passed away last night. He had been in hospital for the last few weeks and while his illness was quite severe, he still was confident. When I visited  him a good week ago, we made plans to travel to Telford again in November. Sadly his condition deteriorated last weekend and he didn’t make it through.

I thought I should let you know. Sorry about informing you via the forum, but I didn’t know of any other way to contact you.

Best Regards,

Joerg"

Lothar was a very special person, and it's true that he and I seemed to get on particularly well across the "airwaves", he epitomised the kind of person that makes this community such a warm, friendly and supportive place to be.  Lothar's generosity was like no other; it was he who gave me the Echelon Lightning and the Fisher Hunter T7 conversion with the Revell F6 kit, but would take no payment whatsoever in return.  I was hoping to meet him at Telford this year, to shake his hand and buy him a few beers but sadly not now.

Our community is a poorer place with Lothar's passing......blue skies my friend. 

This is devastating. I'm really at a loss for words. Lothar and I had many great conversations.......

A few years back after the Christmas raffle I was conversing with Lothar and I (very) casually mentioned about how cool I thought the SH Tempest MkII was.

Fast forward a month or so and I came home from work one day to find a SH Tempest Mk. II on my doorstep.

He was quite a remarkable person, and as generous as they come.

Blue skies my friend

I had the pleasure to deal with him as well and I came to the conclusion that he was an example to follow.
It is a very sad day indeed.

Condolences to his family & friends