Mengnut Wings Fokker Dr. 1

Wolf Buddee

16 hours ago, kike_gt said:

It will remain a mistery what do you do to make it look that real, that clean and that easy! you are one of the few modelers I follow that doesn't use weather or that much weather and still your models don't look like toys! I can only admire your work and hope to get a bit closer every time!

I really like your builds they are a real joy to follow!!

P.S. BTW what ever happened to the Mosquito? was it a bad bite??

Very kind words indeed Sir!

The Mossie is still waiting for me to come back to it. It will get finished but I have a couple of other projects that need finishing first. Definitely not a bad bite!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

14 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

It came out looking fantastic!  Hopefully you enjoyed it enough to build the other Wingnuts kits in your stash.

Matt 

Hi Matt,

Yes, I’ll most certainly build the rest of my WnWs kits. It would be a shame not to eh? I only wish I had bought more of them but I never would have believed they would suddenly close up shop.

Cheers,

Wolf

14 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wowsers!

That is amazing looking. I totally agree the kit is in fact really great.

Thanks Brian,

Your build was my inspiration for this build!

11 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Great job, Wolf!  She's a beauty.  Thank you for all of the lessons.

Thanks Gary,

My lessons, well I guess you could say they were mainly what not to do eh? Seriously though, I’ve learned a lot from others here as well and that’s the real beauty of LSP.

10 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Museum quality work…I thoroughly enjoyed this build!

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Other than the occasional (self induced) difficulties I thoroughly enjoyed this build as well.

10 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Great finish Wolf.  I always feel better when I hear guys like you talk about the horrible

disasters and contortions you have to go thru and still wind up with an excellent finish.

I'll try and remember that the next time I find myself screaming at one of my screwups,

...which could be any time.  I agree with Rich, museum quality for sure.

Thanks Mike,

I figured it would be a bit disingenuous not sharing the screw ups as I think we all experience something on each build we do. Ok, maybe not ALL of us but I do. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

8 hours ago, reserve_22 said:

Too late but something to others

https://m.facebook.com/groups/115991888428471/permalink/4741851352509145/?anchor_composer=false

Richard Alexander from WNW write that axle wing never have streaking camouflage.

You model look traffic:bow:

Thank-you Sir,

I know that I had read that somewhere but couldn’t find it to confirm. However the streaking decal for the axle wing is considerably more dense than the fuselage and wings so I thought the decal contributed to the overall weathered look of the part. Just me using a bit of artistic licence. :)

6 hours ago, Jeff T said:

Outstanding work as usual Wolf!

That looks absolutely flawless, ...beautifully done.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff,

Flawless, well not quite, the trick is to make the rest look good enough to make the flaws much harder to spot! That’s my story, LOL, and I’m stickin’ to it………

5 hours ago, JayW said:

They have all said it already Wolf.  What makes it even more impressive is that all that trouble you describe - there is no evidence of it at all!  My big mistakes usually leave a mark.

Thank-you Jay,

My big mistakes usually leave a mark too. If you saw me in person you’d notice my left eye has an uncontrollable twitch right now. That normally dissipates in a week or so after finishing a build.  :huh:

4 hours ago, Archimedes said:

What a finish!

The crew chief is going to go nuts at the mechanic when he sees the oily handprints! That is a lovely detail that really brings it to life.  Your rigging is flawless too.  That is an outstanding build the quality of which I aspire to. Fantastic result Wolf. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Ha ha, Paul, thanks,

The oily hand prints are included on an Aviattic decal sheet for the WnWs Fokker DVII kit. I just couldn’t resist using them now.

Cheers,

Wolf

Exquisite finish as ever Wolf, I have one of these in the stash and will be using your build to avoid any pitfalls, like you I just wish I had purchased more WnW kits but I will enjoy what I do have to build.

How is that Corsair of yours coming along anyway, or do you have the WnW itch at the moment. 

Regards. Andy 

3 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Exquisite finish as ever Wolf, I have one of these in the stash and will be using your build to avoid any pitfalls, like you I just wish I had purchased more WnW kits but I will enjoy what I do have to build.

How is that Corsair of yours coming along anyway, or do you have the WnW itch at the moment. 

Regards. Andy 

Andy, thank-you so much,

After you finish your amazing Helldiver build the DR.1 is going to feel like a breeze.

The Corsair is staring at me whenever I'm at the bench so I really do need to get back to it soon.

1 hour ago, Beaconroot said:

Absolutely stunning build Wolf! Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jim Root

Many thanks Jim,

I'm glad I decided to share it here as well. It been quite a while since I actually finished a WIP build. In my best James Brown voice, "It feels good".

1 hour ago, brahman104 said:

Truely incredible Wolf! I still look at your efforts of rigging (despite what you just wrote) as a thing of pure sorcery!!!! Brilliant and beautiful work as always!

Craig

Thank-you Craig!

Sorcery eh? And then  look at the metal work and riveting you're doing you Flying Fortress! Now that's sorcery if I ever saw it.

Cheers,

Wolf