Mengnut Wings Fokker Dr. 1

Wolf Buddee

On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 AM, Chris Wimmer said:

Eye candy from the start are your builds, Wolf. Wonderful! :clap2:

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris,

That’s very kind of you. When looking at your current Fw-190 S build I have to say the feelings are mutual.

Cheers,

Wolf

On 6/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, Greif8 said:

I hope your wife gets better soon.  Masterful work as always Wolf.  The wood grain looks really convincing. 

Ernest

Thank-you Ernest,

My wife is continuing to heal and feeling better. So far this last surgery seems to have made a big difference thankfully. 

I’m glad you like the wood grain. It’s all decal so far so I can’t take too much credit but it doesn’t look too bad eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

On 6/29/2021 at 1:52 AM, dodgem37 said:

Super nice detailing, Wolf.

q2ePhKN.jpg

Love that contrasting turn-key.  You even stayed between the lines on the throttle!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

So far, with the exception of the few extra details I’ve mentioned, it’s all glorious WnWs! I’m so thankful this kit made it to market regardless of who’s name is on the box.

Cheers,

Wolf

The cockpit assembly has been glued together and the seat installed with RB Productions WW I German seatbelts added. As mentioned in another thread I find Radu’s seatbelts the very best. Luckily I’ve finally managed a accumulate enough of his WW I German seatbelts to equip the rest of my German WnWs kits.

TMYP2Dk.jpg

gxzWLt4.jpg

The diagonal bracing wires were done with Gas Patch turnbuckles and EZ Line. I initially tried using monofilament line but when attempting to tension it it pulled through the fragile lower attachment point. After repairs the EZ Line worked perfectly as no real strength is required there. The ammunition and was painted with Mr. Metal Polished Brass and the belt was done using a thin strip of Aviattic linen decal. The ammo belt itself has incredibly fine moulded detail including the grommets between each bullet. They don’t become visible (at least to my eyes and then with magnification) until the first thin coat of Tamiya’s white lacquer primer is applied. I thought “ holy crap, will you look at that!” when I first saw the detail! 

sF5Umze.jpg

The magneto switch key had a fine safety chain added using extra chain provided by Eduard in the nose gun set for Tamiya’s Mosquito kit. I also scratch built an altimeter for the right cockpit sidewall which wound up being a last minute add on. I used a round piece of styrene, a brass bezel, instrument face, and clear acetate from Airscale. The altimeter is suspended in place by three springs. The three mounting points on the altimeter body are photo etch pieces from an HGW set for the WnWs Albatross and the springs are represented with brass tube from Bob’s Buckles.

gz7b0f2.jpg

LCNyIDt.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

11 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Magnificent Wolf!

Cheers,  Tom

9 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Very well done and nicely detailed too.  :popcorn:

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, Greif8 said:

That is some truly exceptional work Wolf.  Very eye catching.

Ernest

Many Thanks Tom, Michael, and Ernest!

Your checkin’ in and compliments are always greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wolf

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Whatever Wolf builds I take notes and really admire his level of skill and attention to detail.  This one is no exception.  Thanks for sharing sir.  

Thank-you Sir,

You’re too kind my friend! That’s quite a compliment……:wub:

Cheers,

Wolf

3 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Heloooo Wolf.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs. W.B.

:thumbsup:

Well this is just mighty IMPRESSIVE  and INCREDIBLY SUPERB  build so far.

:wow:

Seeing  your Spitfire in real life in Phoenix, I know you're  very skilful at this modelling lark !

SUPERB  work so far.

:goodjob:    :bow:

{ Hope you are keeping safe and healthy}.

:wub:

Maru! Thank-you for looking in my dear friend.

Yes, Mrs. B is recovering well but not as quickly as she’d like. She was told by her neuro surgeon that that would likely be the case as this was her second go ‘round to alleviate the pinched nerves in her lower back. This time the results have been much more promising though. Certainly much better than the first surgery.

Thanks for your kind words and I sincerely hope that Phoenix was not the last time we see each other. I still have the video of you doing your Charlie Chaplin walk. Absolutely hilarious!

Cheers,

Wolf

1 hour ago, brahman104 said:

I just love watch your builds come together Wolf! The painting, the attention to detail, the presentation and the photography are all always top notch! 

I really need to up my game! :)

Craig

Many thanks Craig,

As I’ve said before my friend, you don’t need to do a thing to up your gameJust keep doin’ what you’re doin’ and when you’re finished your B-17 it will be an absolute masterpiece! …….and that’s the truth.:clap2:

Cheers,

Wolf