Size recommendations for EZ line?

I would like to order some EZ line for my LSPs.  They are all 1/32, and are, other than my current P 47D, German WW2 AC.   I see fine and heavy, with .010" for the fine and .020" for the heavy.  Even with a rule, the numbers mean nothing to me without seeing some. 

I'd like to stick with a single size for now that will approximate aerials.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

In terms of the materials behavior, both would work fine. However, EZ Line is flat, rather than round. Might look a bit off as a solution for simulating antenna wire. Several members of LSP use an elastic knitting product made by an outfit called Prym. It's round and might be a better choice for antenna wire.

Edited by ivanmoe

10 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

In terms of the materials behavior, both would work fine. However, EZ Line is flat, rather than round. Might look a bit off as a solution for simulating antenna wire. Several members of LSP use an elastic knitting product made by an outfit called Prym. It's round and might be a better choice for antenna wire.

Thank you, i will look into that. 

17 minutes ago, Jager said:

Amazon vendor wants $12 shipping on a $3-4 item. OUCH

That's awful, but the same product purchased via Amazon Prime ships free. Of course, the price is $6.99.

https://www.amazon.com/PRYM-977770-Knitting-elastic-transparent/dp/B00DOX7A9O/ref=pd_di_sccai_1/132-2544492-2911910?pd_rd_w=1HGGY&pf_rd_p=c9443270-b914-4430-a90b-72e3e7e784e0&pf_rd_r=NS8MAD74PXRHM0VEHCNY&pd_rd_r=a6c2cf1a-15a9-4edf-aa20-7f466704b4b1&pd_rd_wg=6IEi6&pd_rd_i=B00DOX7A9O&psc=1

Smoke and mirrors!

Edited by ivanmoe

On 6/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, ivanmoe said:

Thanks, I will try some. I presently have a 1/48 Tamiya P38 that will be needing a radio antenna soon.

Edited by Jager

Could be worth checking out the alternatives, like the Infini or Uschi rigging line.  I've had excellent experiences with both, especially since the EZ-Line fine seems to be bigger than they claim.  Sits at around .25mm, while the Infini and Uschi are half that.

Matt