Need someone in Australia to take delivery and forward to the uk small camera part?

tigger

Hi Guys not 100% modelling but loosely linked! I am in need of a part for a camera lens which I have found on line in Australia. The part is technically obsolete so worldwide spares are rare. It is the back mounting bayonet ring for a canon lens. This is s simple ring of metal that has been machined and is no more than 10cm x10cm x1 cm. weight wise less than 100grammes. Issue is the seller will only sell to Australia and not internationally. So in essence I am after a friend here on LSP who would be happy to accept the item delivered and simply re address it to me and send it on. I can pay several ways including PayPal friends and family or direct bank transfer. Of course I will have paid for the item and delivery in the first place to an Australian address.

I will of course cover costs of postage and any petroleum that may be needed to drop it at the post office etc.

hope that someone can assist me please.

regards

john

Edited by tigger

It is the bayonet mount for my 600mm f4l is and is part number YF2-0128-000. If you cut and paste the reference part number you will see the part. I may have found another source but am waiting an email confirmation of stock, however if you had that part please let me know. I had a fall and the lens and camera took a bit of a hard landing onto me last year. I did not notice that there was slight bending in one of the lugs and recently I used the lens for the first time in a while. I found there was some wiggle between the body and lens  and at one point lost connection and got an error message which was no communication with the lens. So I checked the mountings and on close inspection not only was there a bent lug but a minute split at the end of the bent part. 
hope this all makes sense. In doing my research this lens will not be repairable by Canon as they class it as obsolete and at £78 per hour plus parts plus shipping I found that it could easily be repaired by myself. At the same time I will replace the weather seal as that had a slight split which is a common issue.