Gladiator

Grizly

It's the ICM 1/32 Sea Gladiator completed as one of the Malta defenders. As a boy, I was intrigued with the story of Faith, Hope and Charity, the names given to three of the Gladiaters that fought in Malta. I suspect, their exploits are largely myth but still they caught my attention many years ago. After market include Eduard's cockpit set and seat belts, Aims photo etch bracing wires, paints for the shadow camouflage and black and white underside are a mix of Model Master, Humbrol and Tamya paints with the metalizers, clear, semi-matte and matte coats from Alclad II and finally, it's the kit decals. 1A9yKvz.jpg

fjHSlFg.jpg

ywIvJa7.jpg

F3TGB2J.jpg

Thank you Uncarina. While I've built models for almost 60 years, this was my first bi-plane so I can't compare  with other ways for rigging. I can, however, say that I found the Aims photo etch braces very easy to install. With the exception of two braces (the same outer one on each side that were too short), they all fitted perfectly. The two defficient braces proved not to be an issue as I simply used two of the longer spare braces (yes, there is a spare brace for each pair)  provided and cut them to the required length. I suspect the key is the correct placement of the upper wing. Towards that end, I drilled all the holes specified in the Aims instructions, dry installed the upper wing, glued the struts to the upper wing, painted the model and then glued the upper wing with struts to the lower wing and fuselage. It worked for me.

WrKty77.jpg

y95emim.jpg