Trying to source ‘Alclad/Alcoa’ stencil Decals??

Aviacom

Hi,

im in the midst of my 1/32 B-17G and am trying to source some stencil decals for the Alclad or Alcoa markings that were stamped on to the inside face of the Ali sheeting during World War 2. 

Although I’ve really gone to town on this kit, it’s sorely lacking these stencils which are an absolute MUST for it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get some in 1/32 scale please that will also send overseas? I’ve searched but come up with zilch.

Cheers

So are there any in any other suitable scales then?

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If you’re going on the assumption that they even exist in 1/32, I’m afraid you’re barking up the wrong tree.  

1 hour ago, Aviacom said:

Found them!!
Profimodeller do them in 1/32.

For future reference, they also do the German Metal Stamping logos in 1/32 which would be ideal for an opened up, BF-109 or FW-190.

Hi Aviacom,

Thanks for finding those options. I’ve noticed that those stampings on real aircraft are often irregular, sometimes only partly legible. I’ve thought about how to replicate that look and I think some “random” light over-painting with the base metallic color would work, but stamp decals that had flaws baked-in would be welcome. Good luck with your build and thanks again.

Cheers

Adam

I made some myself before finding the Profi ones. This was quite simple and can be printed with any good laser printer. I simply typed the stencil lines in red and black as both colors were used and I choose three fonts close to wartime ones.

In the B-17 the visible stencils were generally:

AN-A-13 ALCLAD 24S-T 

ALCOA REG 051’’ANA