Williams Bros. 1/48 Flivver....the Model T of the air. Sort of..

Cap'n Wannabe

So, in an attempt to restore my mojo - which has been gone for a loooooong time! - I decided to bite the bullet and build one of my Williams Bros. Ford Flivvers.  I have plans for the second one as a WIF, and those in Australia *might* be able to guess what I have in store for it...

Anyhoo, this is my progress so far - painting and decalling the wings and horizontal stabilizer.  Unfortunately some of the decals cracked while drying, but it'll never be in a competition, so I'm not *really* worried about it.

ra2Og24h.jpg

EEOFMdfh.jpg

Edited by Cap'n Wannabe

I've seen a couple of these built-up, it's incredible how tiny this plane was.  Your progress looks great so far, shame about decal cracking.  Understandable though with the age they probably are.

Matt 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether to try to use pieces from the remaining decals to cover the cracks or not.  I ended up spraying the remnants of the sheet with Testors decal bonder, so we'll see..

Also started to close the fuselage.  It was a little tricky - I had to trim one side of the IP to remove a gap in the front fuselage, and there are no locating pins.  Still, so far, so good.

• 1 month later...