PCM Hurricane Mki

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That looks great, Craig!

Kev

Agreed 100%! You deserve a “life times achievement award” for the dedication, persistence and sheer grit in getting the Hurricane this far. Bravo :clap2::clap2:

On 3/21/2022 at 6:15 AM, Rockie Yarwood said:

Excellent work Craig! I have their fabric wing version in the stash, you've given me hope that it can be built.

Cheers,  Rockie

Dust it off. I almost wish I had another one to build as the challenges the kit brings you improves your modelling skills. This one has turned out okay, but I know I could produce a better result next time. Prior to this kit I had never used used resin or plastic putty or threaded seat belt.  I had never bought styrene and fabricated some improvements. I  had never scribed panels lines and filled errors with superglue and polished  clear parts.
The advice and encouragement from this community has helped me to get this far. Thanks to everyone who has given advice and encouragement.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:41 PM, CraigC said:

Hi Mike,

I am painting V7467 (liked the nose art !!)  using Montex masks for the lettering and insignia.

The camo masks are AML 

https://eshop.aml.cz/en/masks/1331-132-hawker-hurricane-mki-camouflage-painting-masks.html

I have some tonal differences in the camouflage colours for fading.

I have not tried a panel line wash yet from fear of it being too strong but am open to suggestions on a suitable colour.

I think some exhaust and gun smoke stains are appropriate along with some oil and dirt on the landing gear.

51402087019_372ba02104_z_d.jpg

OK!! Just struggling with camo on a 1/32 spitfire - my cut paper card and consistant height issue (as you had) are a problem for me - when saw this - so I'm got my 1/32 spitfire camo, hurricane (for my fly) and lancaster (48 for my HKM) ones on their way!! I've repainted my spitfire back to a single upper surface twice now, not sure what to do (was going to go blue-tak - but that ever looks quite right - the curves are too hard for me)... thanks

Edited by TonyDrake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...