Speaking of KH xH-60 helicopter kits...

johncrow

Would any of the  Navy SH-MH-HH-60 kits make something close to a US Coast Guard Jayhawk? Not too concerned with small details....looking for a "yeah, that's SUPPOSED  to be a Jayhawk" facsimile. 

Thanks for any input,

John

Whilst on the subject - does anyone know if the MH-60S kit also includes the older analog instrument panel and Army spec chaff/flare dispensers and missile warning sensors?

Edited by John1

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Whilst on the subject - does anyone know if the MH-60S kit also includes the older analog instrument panel and Army spec chaff/flare dispensers and missile warning sensors?

The MH-60S kit contains all of the plastic sprues of the MH-60L kit, plus additional sprues for naval and -60S specific stuff.

Edited by Dave Williams

12 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The MH-60S kit contains all of the plastic sprues of the MH-60L kit, plus additional sprues for naval and -60S specific stuff.

Thanks Dave.   Order placed with Sprue Brothers! 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I think the SH-60B is essentially the same.

Thanks. I notice some spotlights under the chin gizmos on the S-70B. Do you know if they are included in the kit? I don't think the SH-60B has them but I know nothing about these birds so could be completely wrong.

Just had a browse on tinternet and it looks likk the S-70B (Singapore Navy) has a smaller radome(?) under the fuselage that is further forward. I think it covers the standard position for spotlights which is probably why the spotlights are moved to the boxes under the chin on either side of the ball sensor thingie.

This is too much scratch building for me.

Edited by DonH

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

The KH kits do not have the different radome or the unique sensor platform with those spotlights.

Thanks Dave, that is good to know and confirms my decision not to splash the cash.