Kitty Hawk models is going out of business

Dave Roof

Shame to see them go.  They created a lot of cool kits of planes other companies wouldn't touch.  And they'd been on a bit of a releasing blitz with the new 1/48 Flankers and the various Blackhawk variants.

Matt 

10 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Are you a Facebook member? Perhaps that's required to view the image, since I just linked it from there. Below is a version I downloaded and re-uploaded here:

195981679_4311471298886044_1991265189414456002_n.jpg.946d11e6121cc09420d9b9dd3fa5dbc6.jpg

Kev

Didn't they have a similar post just prior to Christmas last year?  I thought they did when the MH-60R and HH-60H were near release and it was pushed back with the same language about orders. 

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

This post on Facebook (a screen capture) casts some doubt on the finality of the situation:

195981679_4311471298886044_1991265189414

@KAGNEW Can we get some clarification?

Kev

Is that a Facebook post from today?  It looks like something from last year since the two new Naval H-60s were actually released months ago, and the Mirage 2000D/N even before that.

Edit:  Looking at my records, I ordered the MH-60R and HH-60H kits direct from Sophia at KH at the end of December 2020.  I ordered the Mirage 2000D/N kit from KH off eBay in early March 2020, and got them before the end of that month.  

The above post looks to be a year old.

Edited by Dave Williams

23 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

Didn't they have a similar post just prior to Christmas last year?  I thought they did when the MH-60R and HH-60H were near release and it was pushed back with the same language about orders. 

12 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Is that a Facebook post from today?  It looks like something from last year since the two new Naval H-60s were actually released months ago, and the Mirage 2000D/N even before that.

You fellas may be right. I'm not sure personally, and am hoping that Glen will chime in with a clarification.

Kev