Kitty Hawk models is going out of business

Dave Roof

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I guess the eBay prices for the Panda Models 1/16 Panzer 38(t) will now go into orbit with the WNW kits. 

If you can find one. I had tried to get one for some time with no joy. This won't help...:unsure:

13 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm not talking about Glen.  I'm talking about whoever maintains their FB page.  It's still low class.  If you can put one sentence, you can put three with a little explanation.

Then again, it's a private business and neither you or anyone else outside of the company is entitled to an explanation. 

57 minutes ago, eoyguy said:

If you can find one. I had tried to get one for some time with no joy. This won't help...:unsure:

I stumbled into one just a little while ago.  The kit is the donor kit for my Marder III H conversion.  I decided too late for another to build the E variant.  

Honestly, I found that most of their stuff was Trumpy quality at best, so on that level, I guess it's not that big of a loss.   Now that being said, no one else is probably going to release a 32nd scale UH-60 anytime soon, so I guess I need to suck it up and purchase the kit now, before they all go OOS and I have to pay double as much on E-Bay.    

Horrible timing, I just blew some significant money on the Tamiya F-4C, now I'm spending even more for another kit.   Minister of Finance is going to be quite irate when this bill rolls in. 

Edited by John1

I've built nearly all the 1/32 kits Kitty Hawk released. Still have the Mirage 2000 to do, but these kits always were impressive when finished. Bronco, T-6, Sabre Dog, Kingfisher, Trojan, Mirage 2000 - good luck hoping another brand will release kits of these in 1/32. For me, a true loss. I enjoyed their F-5 immensely and still have a two-seater to do. 

A really pity.

I have to believe that the molds will be picked up by another manufacturer, it would be crazy to scrap them. Also, regarding that spongebob/O-2 comparison pic on page 1, wouldn't  that issue be minimized or cured if they allowed the plastic to cool down for a few extra seconds? Every time I see horribly warped parts, I think it didn't have to be that way. 

Like them or hate them the closure of KH will be exactly that, a sad loss. 

I did think that their QC was a little shabby but then if we were just to glue plastic together without the application of some modelling skills then the hobby would be really boring. 

The subject matter KH chose was a little unusual in the case of Trojan and possibly the Kingfisher, but the Mirage, Broncos and F5's? these will be greatly missed IMHO. 

It's been officially announced that Kitty Hawk models is shutting down production and going out of business.

If you want any Kitty Hawk kits, better get em now before the price goes up, the hoarders swoop in and everything is gone.

I sure hope someone buys the molds.

I was 1 of 7 people including Floyd Werner that was the research and development team for their line of 1/35 H-60 series Hawk helicopters. I was SO looking forward to the MH-60M they had planned!!!

Man this news hit me like a gut punch.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

27 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

It's been officially announced that Kitty Hawk models is shutting down production and going out of business.

If you want any Kitty Hawk kits, better get em now before the price goes up, the hoarders swoop in and everything is gone.

I sure hope someone buys the molds.

I was 1 of 7 people including Floyd Werner that was the research and development team for their line of 1/35 H-60 series Hawk helicopters. I was SO looking forward to the MH-60M they had planned!!!

Man this news hit me like a gut punch.

Tim

Tim, I've just merged your topic with the existing one on the subject, as we really don't need more than one.

Kev