Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

An interesting idea - I can't find an appropriate kit for a Predator

Richard

My RQ-7B build is here at LSP. If a 1/33 MQ-1 Predator fits your bill here is a kit. Wingspan 45 cm. Of course you cuold use it as an template and build a styren one.

Latest hotness: The MQ-8B Fire drone by Brengun in 1/32 scale. I've ordered one. We shall see :hmmm:

OTOH: A Mig-27M is fully qualified here and still sitting on my stash... :wicked:

If you want to go over the top:

The german Wehrmacht tested a rocket powered amphib car, the Schwimmwagen Typ 128, as a remote control demolition vehicle. The combined rocket boost (in fact these were RATOs from the Luftwaffe) of 4x600 kp exceeded the vehicles weight of  1.400 kg (explosives included) by a vast margin, so they could have launched it vertically up into the air! :D Thats what I call a combat drone :punk:

Regards

- dutik

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Would “Showtime 100” be allowed?  Although carrying 4 Sidewinders and 2 Sparrows, she was on a flak suppression mission armed with 6 Rockeyes on TERs.

I'd say the ground attack role and Rockeye dispensers qualify it, but I'd have to leave that up to Kev.

17 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'd say the ground attack role and Rockeye dispensers qualify it, but I'd have to leave that up to Kev.

I'm not even sure what a "Showtime 100" is! Plus, this is really Brad's turf now.

Kev

10 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm not even sure what a "Showtime 100" is! Plus, this is really Brad's turf now.

Kev

Showtime 100 is a F-4J of VF-96 that got into an epic air battle with a Mig-17 while returning from a strike mission.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/showtime-100-vs-colonel-toon-the-most-epic-1-v-1-dogfight-in-the-history-of-naval-aviation

F-4J%20VF-96%20NG100SHR.jpg

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Would “Showtime 100” be allowed?  Although carrying 4 Sidewinders and 2 Sparrows, she was on a flak suppression mission armed with 6 Rockeyes on TERs.

Yes, if you want to build a fighter armed with ground or surface attack munitions then it qualifies. 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, BradG said:

Yes, if you want to build a fighter armed with ground or surface attack munitions then it qualifies. 

So, my F-100-F Wild Weasel, with AGM-45 Shrikes, LAU-3 rocket pods,  ALQ-87, and wing tanks as the load out, would have qualified ?

Edited by Ayovan

18 hours ago, Ayovan said:

So, my F-100-F Wild Weasel, with AGM-45 Shrikes, LAU-3 rocket pods,  ALQ-87, and wing tanks as the load out, would have qualified ?

17 hours ago, BradG said:

@Ayovan Yes mate that qualifies.

If I get the F-80 finished soon enough, maybe the Hun will be a 2nd entry for the group build. That's the one I really wanted to build. 

Edited by Ayovan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

with spare time and not a fan of hot weather (hot for me here = mid 30's c) I'm thinking of trying another build (maybe both)for the "Target for today" I have come up with a couple of contenders.

This; 

9neuYL6.jpg

oorrrr this

CrWsb0J.jpg?1

the Sufa includes Aires gear bays and Wolfpack cockpit set.

If these choices apply (I kinda think they do) to this group build