P-47D Razorback "Vulneratus non victus"

Hello Gents, 

going to build  this razorback for a german friend who owns some remains of this bird, This was a P47D-20 Razorback 4276428  (6M+H)   from the 48th FBG 9TH Air Force flown by 2nd Lt. Glen V. Fleischer, on 23.03.1945 while attacking  some strategic targets in the City of Bonn, they flew in the area  and attacked German ground forces some 30km east of the Remagen Bridge

When he dropped his fuel tank, gas was running out of the main tank and the plane went on fire, the pilot managed  to bail out and became a POW, luckily he was free by Allies forces days later,  my friend  managed to contact the pilot in the 90's and after the pilot passed away at 93 years old  his son in law sent him some photos, medals and even a piece of the chute he used to  bailed out, now to complete the display I will build a 1/32 Trumpeter  Razorback for him with the right markings,  only a front view picture is known of this aircraft, I modified  this profile to  what would the markings have  looked  like.Michael.jpg

191260095_2724639664494670_7862172154642

171852959_465240874745820_22072235276190

some fragments of the cowling checkers with OD paint

162274864-482791499576076-86152022303488
Edited by Antonio Argudo

4 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Great start!  Did that seat come from the kit, or is it an aftermarket piece?

Matt

thank you Matt, I used an aftermarket seat I had, think it was the Avionix cockpit for the bubbletop, I made from magic sculpt the headrest and control column  base leather, cheers 

Edited by Antonio Argudo

10 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Brilliant start Antonio.  The story line is also most impressive.  Thanks again for showing us your talent.  

Troy 

Thank you Troy, my honor,  yes, interesting story and  tribute to a hero, cheers

8 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I love watching your work, and you are off to a great start!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, very  appreciate it, will try my best,;) cheers

4 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Looking good and what a background story, pretty amazing.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis,  really enjoy recreating a bird with history, it adds something else!

cheers

3 hours ago, MDuv said:

Amazing work on the cockpit my friend. 
Just waiting for someone to strap in and hit the starter. 
Cheers

Mathieu

Thanks Mathieu, I'm pretty sure that someone will be quite comfortable in that spacious Thunderbolt  cockpit had  compared to 109's  :lol: cheers

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Great project!  I love the idea of displaying it with the recovered bits of the actual aircraft.  This should be amazing when complete!

Thanks Alex, yes It will be the best place to be for this model, a  tribute to this warrior and his ride! cheers

44 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hi Antonio, 

What Instrument panel did you use with those awesome Airscale instruments?  That panel turned out really nice!  The kit IP panel?  

Yes Troy, the kit's IP , only added a few modifications like the center top placards panel and the lights right panel, the Airscale dials were just placed on top the IP itself, cheers

18 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great story to go along with a great start!

Looking forward to more progress.

Thanks Brian, hope to make justice to this kit and historic bird/pilot, cheers