1/32 Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver

monthebiff

51 minutes ago, Dmdwyer said:

I found your build while I was researching this kit. I love this subject at this scale so I took the plunge.  Hard to describe this kit.  It dares you to go to the next step. You never know what adventures await.  Have you decided yet how you're going to build-up the wings? I would rather slide them onto the spar rather that follow the instructions.  That would mean cutting the spar in half. Going through a lot of sprue-goo on this one.

Love you comment on "you never know what adventures await" you have summed this kit up perfectly! 

Regarding the wings I'm not sure yet, I did have the wing fold set but decided it was a step to far and  sold it on. I am using the bomb bay set which uses a different wing spar. My gut feeling is I will glue the upper wing to the fuselage as I have in other short run kits to avoid any wing root fit problems but I'm really not forward enough in the build yet to properly decide.

Regards. Andy 

As far as building up the Helldiver wings, I think I'll hemostat up the spar and see how those upper wing halves lineup.  Like was mentioned earlier, you really have to proceed cautiously or else things go tango-uniform and I really don't want to cut the spar.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, Dmdwyer said:

Thanks, glad to be on and hope I can contribute.

Always good to receive comments from a new member. Welcome along!

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Some more work done, focusing on getting the rear gunners position together. Lots of clean up but fit is pretty good 

20211016-194551.jpg 

20211016-194304.jpg

20211016-194248.jpg

Also have the MG stand waned up ready for assembly but waiting on a set of Master barrels to complete. Want to get all of the interior sub assembly completed and base painted the weather everything together.

Regards. Andy 

Andy, Andy (inner and cavernous voice), don't leave a detail so visible without details, I know you can do it no it's difficult. Just a few details like the bulletproof guards and the seat adjustment system will make a noticeable difference, as you want to detail the browling with the barrel of the Master

This is in 1/48 so in 1/32 is more easy

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

cheers

Marco

Very nice Spartacus and thank you for the pics of your most excellent work. It's also very helpful as I can't find to many good references for this area which is a big focus point on the aircraft! 

More importantly on this build I've decided not to sweat to much over the poor detail and make a few improvements here and there as I see necessary as I would never finish it!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 2 weeks later...

NSo some more work done and thank you to Spartacus for sharing some excellent reference material, the rear gunners ring is now built, detailed and ready for paint.

20211025-230645.jpg

20211025-230829.jpg

20211025-230848.jpg

The Brownings are just resting in place but pretty happy so far, plenty of cables to add once painted ready for final positioning.

Regards. Andy