1/32 Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver

monthebiff

• 1 month later...

Life has been pretty busy and oy just getting back to the bench again recently but work continues on the beast! I have managed to paint the basic interior colours, gloss coat and decal in readiness for fine detail painting and weathering.

20211009_215855.jpg

20211009_215947.jpg

20211009_220045.jpg

20211009_220100.jpg

20211009_220004.jpg

20211009_215824.jpg

I used a few of the Infinity Models decals but found quite a few to be out of register so quickly switched to my stash of Airscale decals which as ever performed perfectly!

Regards. Andy

Nice clean work Andy, the only thing that does not convince me is the green interior that seems too green, in my Helldiver I used the interior green of the Lifecolor much more gray. This is something I often notice in US aircraft, perhaps because they are referred to as restored aircraft. below the pictures of my Helldiver in 1/48 from Accurate Minature heavily modified and a picture from Imps Stackholm taken from an article on usaf interiors. If you are interested you can find the pictures of my wip to take some inspiration if yuo want

Here

The entire article can be found

Here

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itus_interior_colours_07.jpg

from:http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/us_interior_colours_07.jpg

5 hours ago, mattcour said:

Very good looking cockpit, lovely details. I was wondering how the Infinity Helldiver kit is and now I see it is nice, with some shortcimings maybe but I find it to be good in general.

Thank you and I'm pretty happy with how it's looking under some colour. A very difficult kit to build and definitely a long project not to be rushed!

Regards. Andy 

48 minutes ago, spartacus2000 said:

Nice clean work Andy, the only thing that does not convince me is the green interior that seems too green, in my Helldiver I used the interior green of the Lifecolor much more gray. This is something I often notice in US aircraft, perhaps because they are referred to as restored aircraft. below the pictures of my Helldiver in 1/48 from Accurate Minature heavily modified and a picture from Imps Stackholm taken from an article on usaf interiors. If you are interested you can find the pictures of my wip to take some inspiration if yuo want

Here

The entire article can be found

Here

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itus_interior_colours_07.jpg

from:http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/us_interior_colours_07.jpg

Thank you for looking in Spartacus and a fantastic build in 48th scale indeed! I went with a home bru colour using my favoured Tamiya Acyrilics. I'm happy with the colour but under bright lights when I took the pictures it looks very green! 

Some weathering will knock it back and all come together.

Regards. Andy 

Have seen one of the resin Helldiver completed. It looked great. The guy did nice work on it. It didn’t sound like as much trouble with it. Have always liked the lines, but not interested in building one. Keep chugging on. Really want to see you complete it.  BRING ON that Beaufighter Infiniti!!

I found your build while I was researching this kit. I love this subject at this scale so I took the plunge.  Hard to describe this kit.  It dares you to go to the next step. You never know what adventures await.  Have you decided yet how you're going to build-up the wings? I would rather slide them onto the spar rather that follow the instructions.  That would mean cutting the spar in half. Going through a lot of sprue-goo on this one.

1 hour ago, Steve Eagle said:

Have seen one of the resin Helldiver completed. It looked great. The guy did nice work on it. It didn’t sound like as much trouble with it. Have always liked the lines, but not interested in building one. Keep chugging on. Really want to see you complete it.  BRING ON that Beaufighter Infiniti!!

I will definitely keep chugging on with this one and I do know at the end I will have a great looking Helldiver in my collection!

Regards. Andy