1/32 Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver

monthebiff

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I really love that kit. As you showed it has positive and negative aspects. I found another thing that puzzles me: the rocket launchers. Am I wrong or did they forget them in their additional sets?

Hi Thierry, I think there is an additional set for the rockets and bombs but I'm not fully sure. I did buy the wing fold set but it looks like an awful lot of work to fit and will probably be very fragile as well so decided to keep the wings as they are in the kit and anyway there is some nicely weathered inner wing shots to have a go at.

Regards.Andy 

1 hour ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Excellent modification Andy!

Keep at it! I suspect your build will be one of only a few we’ll see as you have the patience of a saint with this kit. I most likely wouldn’t have…………….just sayin’. :wacko: :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers,

Wolf

Its definitely one of those grit your teeth builds Wolf, after each step foward comes a new challenge!

Definitely making progress that is for sure.

Regards. Andy 

18 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

If you have an OCD re attention to detail then this really is not a good kit for you to build! If I'm honest it is a half baked kit that needs a lot of refining before release and will fight you every step of the way but once finished will look really good.

Looking forward to you WIP and seeing how you overcome all of those issues that are playing havoc with your attention to detail OCD for us all.

Regards. Andy 

You are talking to a bloke that's had a 1/35 Trumpeter Chinook on the go on and off for five years, so it may be a while before I get to the Helldiver..... 

I'm back on armour at the moment as I needed a brake from the planes having just knocked out two Skyraiders which are posted in Ready for Inspection.  After the armour, I plan to nail the Wokka.  I will then probably have a go at the Helldiver, which I have to say you are doing a great job on this far.  It looks like a right basket case, which for me is bit of a sickener given how much cash I've thrown at the one I've bought.

Looking at that canopy, the way I may tackle it is to razor saw it on both sides at the top of the glass panels, then cut off a couple of mil from each side before reattaching the sides.  That may also work as a fix.  Probably higher risk than the fix you have done, but it looks possible if the plastic glass isn't really fragile. 

I did try and tempt the lad to reply @miloslav1956 who started a pre-release build by asking how he was getting on, but the lack of response looks like he's more interested in plugging the model to drive sales than completing the build.  Given how much you've had to do to fix the problems with it right from the word go, its no surprise he's not built it.

Anyway - great to see you cracking on.  I'm glad someone's going to have trail blazed before I do my build!

Cheers

Si

No progress this last week as my wife and I decided to grab a last minute holiday to the beautiful island of Rhodes, Greece is currently experiencing a heat wave so its super hot and the usual cooling wind feels like a furnace but its super relaxing after the last 18 months of travel restrictions.

20210729-172820.jpg

Back to the build and the last things I did before going away was work on the rear stabilisers and look at adding the resin control surfaces.

20210717_215845.jpg

Sadly the fit of the resin parts are a bit off towards the outer edges

20210717_215809.jpg

Hopefully when posed in theory position things will look a lot better, I've also added the canvas covering over the rear turtle deck control wires with wetted tissue and plastic glue.

20210716_212640.jpg

Steady progress and now ready to paint the interior I'm thinking. 

Regards. Andy 

The issues with this kit just seem to keep coming.   A bit disappointing to read to be honest.   I wouldn’t have purchased this kit regardless as its simply not in my interest group.  Regardless Andy, I hope you soldier on as I do find the Helldiver a WWII icon.  The rear canopy is certainly a disappointment to read about.  

I have a similar picture of a lovely pool outside my balcony.  It’s also on one of the East / west  parallel runways here in Miami international.   Smoking a cigar and having a nice Irish Tully dew and watching the B-737’s and B 777 fly over head is only for the aviation enthusiest at heart. Ha!   Enjoy your well deserved Holiday mate.