1/32 Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver

monthebiff

On 7/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dennis7423 said:

As well you should be! It looks fantastic. Would love a little how-to as to what you did to accomplish the look. Definite improvement.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 7/17/2021 at 12:57 AM, phantom said:

You did a great job! What did you do exactly to get it to look so good!

Mike

So what I did was to tape the canopy into position and the glued the tear drop covers in to their newly desired position working from various pictures, I let this dry overnight and then marked the leading edge of the lower canopy ready for cutting. After the razor saw I cleaned up with files and a ittle wet and dry and for me it was definitely worth the extra effort.

Regards. Andy 

On 7/17/2021 at 2:35 AM, D.B. Andrus said:

It looks to me that the bottom row of windows in the rear canopy are too tall. They're much more rectilinear than in the photos of the 1:1 a/c. This throws off the shape of the rear canopy a great deal.

Cheers,

Damian

Couldn't agree more Damien but like many things on this kit nothing is at all straightforward and its a case of making the best of it in anyway you feel you wish to.

Out of interest,  will you be making replacement landing gear for this one? If so I would be very interested!

Regards. Andy 

A little more done and split the upper and lower instrument panel, added a couple of plastic card shims to represent rubber blocks and then glues the clear instrument panels in place. I will be using the superb Airscale instrument decals as usual.

20210717_202830.jpg

Regards. Andy 

18 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Couldn't agree more Damien but like many things on this kit nothing is at all straightforward and its a case of making the best of it in anyway you feel you wish to.

Out of interest,  will you be making replacement landing gear for this one? If so I would be very interested!

Regards. Andy 

Hi Andy

Andy (Kagemusha) attempted to sent me a set of gear. Unfortunately, it was lost in the mail.  Have had bad luck receiving items mailed to me from the UK.

I don't plan on buying the kit, so it would have to be the generosity of a kind donor in order to include it in the catalog.

Really like what you're doing with the SB2C.

Cheers,

Damian

14 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Hi Andy

Andy (Kagemusha) attempted to sent me a set of gear. Unfortunately, it was lost in the mail.  Have had bad luck receiving items mailed to me from the UK.

I don't plan on buying the kit, so it would have to be the generosity of a kind donor in order to include it in the catalog.

Really like what you're doing with the SB2C.

Cheers,

Damian

Damian, I'm in the US, and would be happy to send you a donor set. Shoot me a PM.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the piccies you have posted of the real one vs the kit canopy, it looks to me like the glass panes in the kit canopy are too deep on the side elevation.  You've done a great job rectifying the problem, so a huge 'well done'  but for the OCD types amongst us re 'attention to detail', in my case those window panes are going to do my head in!

Looks like an opportunity for an after market canopy there....

On 7/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, simmerit said:

You've done a great job rectifying the problem, so a huge 'well done'  but for the OCD types amongst us re 'attention to detail', in my case those window panes are going to do my head in!

Looks like an opportunity for an after market canopy there....

If you have an OCD re attention to detail then this really is not a good kit for you to build! If I'm honest it is a half baked kit that needs a lot of refining before release and will fight you every step of the way but once finished will look really good.

Looking forward to you WIP and seeing how you overcome all of those issues that are playing havoc with your attention to detail OCD for us all.

Regards. Andy 

On 7/29/2021 at 7:37 PM, Dennis7423 said:

Something to look out for, too, that I just discovered yesterday: Infinity only supplied one set of scissor linkages for the main landing gear. Whoops.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Thanks for the heads up on that Dennis as I hadn't noticed. 

Regards. Andy 

On 7/30/2021 at 12:55 AM, Pappy915 said:

Doing one now,ran into the same issues. Just wait till you get to the wings. This is a big problem,the leading edge is a big issue with mine.

Pleased its not just me then, was worried I was a little worried I was making a mess of things but clearly not as I have been keeping in contact with a fellow modeller who is far in front of me and the fun just keeps coming. 

Regards. Andy