Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

I said before ZM and Tamiya weren’t likely to release the same kit at the same time like the P51 but I guess you never know. Hopefully not for ZMs sake.

Que Tamiya’s next release thread…

Anyone know a fly that’s been hanging around the boardroom walls at Tamiya HQ with some inside info?

Edited by Pup7309

18 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I said before ZM and Tamiya weren’t likely to release the same kit at the same time like the P51 but I guess you never know. Hopefully not for ZMs sake.

Que Tamiya’s next release thread…

Anyone know a fly that’s been hanging around the boardroom walls at Tamiya HQ with some inside info?

Nope.  I don't know of anyone who has found one of those flys in about six years.....  :unsure:

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think there's a good market for basic but accurate model kits in the market place. Good shapes and not too much over detailing to keep the prices at a 'reasonable' level in our scale, will I think, pay dividends in the wider market. 

I told the guys at Z-M and they said that the Fw 190 kits could be the first to try the concept. Let's see if they do, if you want volume sales now you have to look at stuff like that to increase sales levels and margins.

Quoting from the Old Man Blog:

"This photo shows all of the parts in the liquid-cooled inverted-V 12-cylinder Daimler-Benz DB 605 engine, which powered the Bf 109 G. This engine is also replicated in detail, including the pistons inside of the cylinder block. In addition, the fuel pump, oil filter, starter, power generator, and other auxiliary parts and the radial coolant tank in the tip of the nose are all replicated in detail! By the way, this DB 605 engine also powered the Bf 110, Me 210, and other aircraft."

Perhaps the mention of the Bf 110 and Me 210 are more than incidental?

7 hours ago, Royboy said:

I honestly think there's a good market for basic but accurate model kits in the market place. Good shapes and not too much over detailing to keep the prices at a 'reasonable' level in our scale, will I think, pay dividends in the wider market. 

I told the guys at Z-M and they said that the Fw 190 kits could be the first to try the concept. Let's see if they do, if you want volume sales now you have to look at stuff like that to increase sales levels and margins.

Hasegawa 109 series and later 190 series essentially do exactly that, basic kit with good basic exterior shapes.  I think they tend to be priced high though for what they are as to me they are just big 1/48 kits and they could be better especially in the cockpit.  

21 minutes ago, RBrown said:

Quoting from the Old Man Blog:

"This photo shows all of the parts in the liquid-cooled inverted-V 12-cylinder Daimler-Benz DB 605 engine, which powered the Bf 109 G. This engine is also replicated in detail, including the pistons inside of the cylinder block. In addition, the fuel pump, oil filter, starter, power generator, and other auxiliary parts and the radial coolant tank in the tip of the nose are all replicated in detail! By the way, this DB 605 engine also powered the Bf 110, Me 210, and other aircraft."

Perhaps the mention of the Bf 110 and Me 210 are more than incidental?

Hi RBrown,

Hmm. Could be.

“Other aircraft” includes some of the best, most beautiful fighters Italy produced, using Daimler engines produced under license. I’d kill for a ZM Macchi Veltro. A guy can dream, anyway.

In the meantime, I’ll just drum my fingers until the FW-190 series drops.

Cheers

Adam