Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

16 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

This just popped up on Cybermodeler: All 1/32 looks like we may get a Bf 109G-14 and Fw 190A-3/4 this year!!!!

Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-14 32   2021 New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-2 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-4 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-6 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-3/A-4 32   2021 New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-5 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-6 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-8 32   TBA New

I was thinking that several of these kits were going to be the "simple" one with no internal structure. Not sure if that is still true or not.

Greg

If not I will buy the engine from your kit.  LOL.  Kidding aside I do understand where you are coming from.  I love all the detail but I do some hand ringing before I close it up.  Maybe clear parts like the Ki-45 kits will show up. 

On 5/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, scvrobeson said:

Looks like we've really moved on to 3D printed prototypes and masters for kit manufacture.  Cool to see, although both kits are really entering into very crowded markets.

Matt 

This keeps coming up...the crowded thing, but they really aren't.

There isn't a modern kit of either of these in 1/32 scale, unless you think the Revell of Germany and Hasegawa kits are "modern".

As a modeler who loves the German stuff and likes 1/32 scale, these are both going to be very warmly received, at least by me.

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

This keeps coming up...the crowded thing, but they really aren't.

There isn't a modern kit of either of these in 1/32 scale, unless you think the Revell of Germany and Hasegawa kits are "modern".

As a modeler who loves the German stuff and likes 1/32 scale, these are both going to be very warmly received, at least by me.

This.  

I’m the first one to complain that manufacturers overdo 109’s and 190’s and in the other scales, this is true.  In 32nd, not at all.  None of the current options out there  come close to the standard that I set for a modern LSP kit.   Very much looking forward to building my first ZM kit!  

On 5/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, LSP_Ray said:

I just wish they had started with a 109F instead of a G. There are lots of G's out there, few F's and I consider the F the pinnacle of the 109 as a dogfighter. Everything got heavier after that.

Absolutely; I have always said that if I only built 1 BF109 it would be the F model. 

On 5/25/2021 at 6:45 AM, 32scalelover said:

This just popped up on Cybermodeler: All 1/32 looks like we may get a Bf 109G-14 and Fw 190A-3/4 this year!!!!

Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-14 32   2021 New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-2 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-4 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Bf 109G-6 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-3/A-4 32   2021 New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-5 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-6 32   TBA New
Zoukei-Mura Fw 190A-8 32   TBA New

Some great variations there.  The question for me is whether or not the first release is the "skimmed milk" simplified version, or the "full fat" SWS version.  Both the 109G-14 and 190A-3/A4 look tempting and are announced for this year, but my interest lies with the "full fat" versions.  Still, it will be interesting to see these new releases this year so I'm looking forward to that and I wish ZM the best of luck with these new planes.  The pictures look fantastic.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

I don't have any 190 kits yet because I've been waiting for a 'really' good and well detailed kit for years, since the existing kits seem 'pretty' good and not that detailed at best, so this one must be what I was waiting for! And I'll be buying the 109 also for the same reason, even though I own a few of the existing kits. Just because I really love these planes, especially the 190!

6 hours ago, viperfixer said:

I don't have any 190 kits yet because I've been waiting for a 'really' good and well detailed kit for years, since the existing kits seem 'pretty' good and not that detailed at best, so this one must be what I was waiting for! And I'll be buying the 109 also for the same reason, even though I own a few of the existing kits. Just because I really love these planes, especially the 190!

You read my minds, friend!

Totally agree with you, I was waiting for the 'sharp enough' 190 too.

19 hours ago, viperfixer said:

I'm in the same situation.  I have a couple of Trumpeter 109's bought more than a dozen years ago, and no BMW powered 190's.  One of the Trumpy 109's is an Emil, so that may get built to replace a decades old Hasegawa (I think) 109E, but a really good 109 and 190 would be very welcome here.

Now if we could just get a P-40, 190D, P-51B and P-38 to the same standard, I'd be really happy :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

11 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm in the same situation.  I have a couple of Trumpeter 109's bought more than a dozen years ago, and no BMW powered 190's.  One of the Trumpy 109's is an Emil, so that may get built to replace a decades old Hasegawa (I think) 109E, but a really good 109 and 190 would be very welcome here.

Now if we could just get a P-40, 190D, P-51B and P-38 to the same standard, I'd be really happy :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

If they did a P-38 I would be really happy :)