Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I think it's great that they produce a mix of popular and more obscure subjects, Mr Shigeta has said the next release would be the P-51B/C, and an accurate kit of which is sorely required.

I fully concur on that. I appreciate that many will yawn with 'another Fw190' but they are are made by manufacturers because they sell and provide the cash cows for more obscure subjects which sell slower. Am I delighted that Z-M are doing the Bf-109 and Fw190? Yes. Will I be equally delighted if they produce something more obscure because their Bf-109 and Fw190 sales paid for the development of it? Absolutely. They have trod that line well I feel.  Because they have been willing to produce 'cash cows'  we got to see a beautifully tooled kit of the Ho229 (something I never thought I would see in my lifetime). 

Best regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Dear Mr. Shigeta-san,  

Please, please do justice to a P-51B/C.

I'm all in with the BF-109G and early FW-190's!   I'm also still waiting for the Hs 129 variations to come out. :coolio:

Troy 

Same here.

18 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

... Mr Shigeta has said the next release would be the P-51B/C, and an accurate kit of which is sorely required.

I couldn't agree more.
For me, the same goes for the Gustaw and the FW190A/D.
Cannot wait.

Although to some extent I wish Tamiya will challenge ZM on those same subjects in 32nd.

I too would love to see a good P-51B or C, but I'm also very happy that a new and detailed 109 and 190 are on the way.  I just hope it's soon.  I get why ZM offer models as they do, with so much of the interior to be built.  It's all about seeing beneath the surface and what makes it the plane it was.  I like that.  Both will be purchased by me both because of the detail in the kit, and because my stash is a bit light in stocks of WW2 Axis planes.  But I'll also be buying a P-51B or C, as I'm not big on the later Mustang models, from a modelling perspective.

Cheers,

Michael

On 5/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, scvrobeson said:

Looks like we've really moved on to 3D printed prototypes and masters for kit manufacture.  Cool to see, although both kits are really entering into very crowded markets.

Matt 

No worries, these will easily  “elbow” their way into my already crowded hobby room