Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

• Jan_G changed the title to Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113
18 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

They will sell like hotcakes!  What...   you want a 1/32 Fairey Battle...  of course you do.  

Interesting to read your reference about the Fairey Battle Gary.  Since retiring from the U.S. Army at the end of 2018 I work as a staff ride leader taking various U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force and occasionally British and German Army unit leaders on studies of battles ranging from the Napoleonic Wars through the Cold War - though the Cold War staff rides are focused on training for the actual thing and studying the terrain in locations that were known as General Defense Plan areas for NATO units in the 60s - 80s time period. 

As the Pandemic seems to be receding a bit, our firm has received several requests for staff rides during the July - September time period; one of those is to look at the May 1940 crossing of the Meuse River at Sedan by XIX Motorized Corps with an emphasis on the use of air power.  I am tasked to lead the discussion from the German ground and air perspective and have been working on how to present German air defense operations to protect the bridges on 14 May as part of that tasking.  Yesterday I was thinking about the Fairey Battles that made up a large percentage of the bombers from the Advanced Air Striking Force that attacked the bridges on that date, suffering very heavy losses in the process.  It would be nice to see a good 1/32 scale model of the aircraft as a tribute to some very brave air crew.

Ernest     

These are 3D-printed mock prototypes. Their purpose is to make it easier to see the parts “for real” rather than on a screen. These are not necessarily a good representation of what the plastic will look like because 3D-printed parts suffer from varying degrees of shrinkage and they warp/break very easily. The plastic parts will look better by far. These images only show a fraction of the detail. :)
Radu

Zoukei Mura never made any claims that they would only make "never kitted" or "never heard of" models. The overwhelming majority of modelers care a lot about iconic aircraft. The people working for ZM are modelers. These models were chosen by the President of Zoukei Mura because he likes them and he wants to add them to his collection. This is no different from the way in which the majority of people choose what they want to add to their collection. No one says "I will not add a Spitfire to my collection because someone else already built a model of a Spitfire". The difference is that Zoukei Mura makes these models in their own style. There may be other BF 109 or FW 190 on the market, but they are not like this. 

Radu 

2 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

The Fw 190 fuselage hatch looks like an A-4 or earlier type. I hope they will also bring an A/F-8 or -9. 

The President of ZM already mentioned in the "Old Man's Blog" that other versions are in the works. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub