Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

5 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

As I stated in another thread, glad I'm not into duplicates! (I did wonder why the late version is 129EUR and the early 155 though, the early only has one small sprue extra)

Have fun building them!

Jeroen

Thank you, I will!

One Hannover is earmarked for a Cl.III conversion. There are some interesting DFW marking options and you can backdate this one into the "Mid" one, parts are all there on the sprues. Also the DFW is not in need of Lozenge decals so one less to run in trouble with large decal sheets. The last of each of the multiple kits will be sold when time has come.

I wanted the AEG that much I bought both versions just to get at least one kit. But I've got both and I am glad about this. The early one will be build but I have not decided yet if I build the late version too. Time will tell.

Well, I've told my wife that I have to retire next month to find the time to build my WNW kits :D

And she is glad I've got all of them. No fuss about the price tag. She knows what a WNW kit is and how scarce they are nowadays. Best wife of all :wub:

Regards

- dutik

1 minute ago, europapete said:

Yep, Wives are THE BEST! Darlene gave me almost all of my WNW's collection over the years as Bday and Xmas gifts. 

Dutik, check out KLP publishing, they do a great ebook on building the AEG and Albatros.

Thanks for the plug, sir! Here are the Wingnut Wings Build Guides currently in our catalogue:

AEG-cover_v13_border.jpg?fit=324%2C424&ssl=1

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-wingnut-wings-aeg-g-iv-late-in-132-scale/

wingnut_wings_albatros_cover_v11-1.jpg?fit=324%2C432&ssl=1

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-wingnut-wings-albatros-d-va-in-1-32-scale/

Felixstowe_cover_v11.jpg?fit=324%2C432&ssl=1

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-wingnut-wings-felixstowe-f-2a-in-1-32-scale/

Each of them features information on rigging. And we have another Wingnut Wings build guide in the works. Stay tuned for that one!

Kev

22 minutes ago, europapete said:

Yep, Wives are THE BEST! Darlene gave me almost all of my WNW's collection over the years as Bday and Xmas gifts. 

Dutik, check out KLP publishing, they do a great ebook on building the AEG and Albatros.

Yep, the KLP AEG book is on top of my wish list. Written by none less than our famous Karim Bibi. :speak_cool: Had a week ago a peek at KLP home page, it's a must have, indeed. Also useful to build other WNW kits. Alas I am somewhat low of modelling budget at the moment due to my newly grown WNW stash... :tumble:  Not to mention that I've spent my last bucks for a Halberstadt CL.II (the last one before it was sold out) and a few Windsock datafiles.

But it is on my wish list for this quarter. Great stuff @LSP_Kevin ! Just selling some other stuff at ebay to earn some fresh modelling money (and to make room in the cabinet too)...

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

24 minutes ago, europapete said:

Oops! forgot to mention the Felix, sorry about that Kev, it's a great book too. 

A new WNW book eh?? any hints as to the subject?

If you follow Gary (Felixstowe author) on Facebook, you'll already know. But if not, it's a single-engine type in the vein of the Albatros.

Kev

On 1/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, dutik said:

Thank you, I will!

One Hannover is earmarked for a Cl.III conversion. There are some interesting DFW marking options and you can backdate this one into the "Mid" one, parts are all there on the sprues. Also the DFW is not in need of Lozenge decals so one less to run in trouble with large decal sheets. The last of each of the multiple kits will be sold when time has come.

I wanted the AEG that much I bought both versions just to get at least one kit. But I've got both and I am glad about this. The early one will be build but I have not decided yet if I build the late version too. Time will tell.

Well, I've told my wife that I have to retire next month to find the time to build my WNW kits :D

And she is glad I've got all of them. No fuss about the price tag. She knows what a WNW kit is and how scarce they are nowadays. Best wife of all :wub:

Regards

- dutik

Nice, especially the DFW is one of those pretty yet underrated aircraft as a model... I have the early version which I intend to do as one the interned versions as used by the LVA in The Netherlands. The AEG is nice too, but just too large for me ;)

Are you sure about the DFW 'Late' having all the parts for both types? I specifically got the early (ok, my wife got it for me, she's also great!) because it had the early and late parts in there. This is useful for an LVA version as they had early ones that were sometimes fixed up with late parts as more DFW's were interned, not all in great shape. I do remember the late came with Halberstadt licence built parts that were not in the early, but it's been a while since I had a look...

Jeroen

Edited by jeroen_R90S

5 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

Nice, especially the DFW is one of those pretty yet underrated aircraft as a model... I have the early version which I intend to do as one the interned versions as used by the LVA in The Netherlands. The AEG is nice too, but just too large for me ;)

Are you sure about the DFW 'Late' having all the parts for both types? I specifically got the early (ok, my wife got it for me, she's also great!) because it had the early and late parts in there. This is useful for an LVA version as they had early ones that were sometimes fixed up with late parts as more DFW's were interned, not all in great shape. I do remember the late came with Halberstadt licence built parts that were not in the early, but it's been a while since I had a look...

Jeroen

Let's have a look into the box of the late version:

We have sprue A, B, F, Dx2, E, G1, G3, L, H, I, J, K, N and clear sprue C plus a fret of PE with seat belts and cooling jackets.

We are lacking sprue M in the late kit. This holds another version of the cockpit floor, a wide strut or pipe and some small parts. The floor layout should be easy to adapt and this wide strut or pipe is twice in the late kit, so one spare if you slip while cutting some extra details of the late version off. All in all only a very minor conversion.

I think you have all the parts you need to build a mid version from the late box too. Of course minus the decals for the early marking options, but the early style Iron crosses and the stencils might fit. Instructions are still available from WNWs homepage.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik