Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

On 1/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, Neo said:

@dendersive been tempted by those ceramic blades last year, could you share feedback on how they perform once you try them? 

Neo,

Note, my comments are about the brand shown in the photo. Perhaps some other brand of ceramic blades are better. I reposted the photo here.

I checked them out. First, they're just a bit wide for a #1 handle (not thick) so, they need a #2 handle, but they're not that wide, so I imagine that they will rotate in the handle when pressure is applied. I had some other blade or saw that was the same and when used in a #2 handle, it rotated when pressure was applied.

They don't feel very sharp, you know, when you drag your finger perpendicular to the blade surface. I actually wonder how much pressure would be necessary to cut my finger. And to be honest, I'm not sure they're as sharp as a #11 blade. The handle shown in the photo contains a blade, but just the very tip of the blade is exposed. Perhaps the tip is sharper. Cutting a piece of paper, it doesn't really seem sharper. A couple years ago, I changed to using a scalpel because it was sharper than the #11 blades. So, these ceramic blades, I don't really recommend them.

OLsBtt.jpg

On 1/9/2023 at 3:43 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I received this a  couple of weeks back, but neglected to do a show on tell on him. My very first ever purchased 3D product, the Lost in Space robot, and it looks just spectacular.

Qtj8Ny.jpg

I missed this one! I initially thought it was the original 60s bubble head LIS robot, but you did manage to get the the new series LIS robot, of which was very cool. 

46 minutes ago, denders said:

Neo,

Note, my comments are about the brand shown in the photo. Perhaps some other brand of ceramic blades are better. I reposted the photo here.

I checked them out. First, they're just a bit wide for a #1 handle (not thick) so, they need a #2 handle, but they're not that wide, so I imagine that they will rotate in the handle when pressure is applied. I had some other blade or saw that was the same and when used in a #2 handle, it rotated when pressure was applied.

They don't feel very sharp, you know, when you drag your finger perpendicular to the blade surface. I actually wonder how much pressure would be necessary to cut my finger. And to be honest, I'm not sure they're as sharp as a #11 blade. The handle shown in the photo contains a blade, but just the very tip of the blade is exposed. Perhaps the tip is sharper. Cutting a piece of paper, it doesn't really seem sharper. A couple years ago, I changed to using a scalpel because it was sharper than the #11 blades. So, these ceramic blades, I don't really recommend them.

OLsBtt.jpg

Hi I have seen these marketed as being used to remove mould seam lines and that is what I brought mine for , they do that job very well. Cheers.

Edited by TankBuster

14 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

Hi I have seen these marketed as being used to remove mould seam lines and that is what I brought mine for , they do that job very well. Cheers.

Okay, well, I'll have to try them out for that. Thinking about that, John and I were talking about the ceramic blades and he mentioned that, but I forgot.

:beer:

My delivery from MBK, Germany landed on my doorstep today!

A Jeannine Stahltaube (Steel Dove) 1914

IMG_0617

…and a Junkers D.1;

IMG_0615

..and as I was at it, I couldn´t resist to order Revells new Hurricane IIb;

IMG_0619

Now my collection of Wing-Nuts are complete, I have all kits that I like!

Stefan  

My share of the Wingnut Wing "lost and found" sale:

imgp6207ieep9.jpg

Bought from Modellbau König. Also added another WWI kit, an Austin armored car. I've spent here so much money and the Miniart kit was the least part. Right? :coolio:

Of course the Fokkers, Rolands and Hansa-Brandenburgs were gone when I was able to access the online shop, but the AEGs and Hannovers are nice aircrafts too, indeed.

Regards

- dutik

49 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

52635847302_ecdd40c354_b.jpg

This is my fourth Airfix Spitfire. I can't make my mind up which schemes to do! I know I want two early and two late though.

Can't wait to try Peter's extras for the cockpit.

I might start the Hurricane too - I need more time!

I have got the same kits.

I decided to wait for an aftermarket seat to be released to start the Airfix's Spitfire.

IMG-3072.jpg