Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

11 hours ago, Alex said:

This is not at all modeling related, save that being here in Toronto means I'm away from the bench and not working on any models.  But for a very good cause, and IMO very worthy of some jealousy!

Here's my stepdaughter with her brand-new (as of 11/24) baby girl

pmwMNiquj

Grandma and I are appropriately elated to welcome grandkid #1 to the family...

pn97uTeuj

While I'm not building anything right now while staying at their place, I did discover that there's a great LHS (Wings and Wheels) literally walking distance away in the new neighborhood that daughter and son-in-law moved to here in Toronto (near Danforth and Coxwell, for any locals reading).  Could not help myself and bought a 1/32 Special Hobby kit there yesterday...;-)

Congratulations! :wub:

I am not sure if this one is injection molded or 3D printed, but I guess you have checked if there are some leftover sprue gates or printing pegs... :whistle:

And, AND, you have found another very good reason to visit the kids in Kanada regularly. Just to have a walk or two... ^_^

Regards

- dutik

(still not grandpa)

Black Friday sale was not very satisfying, but money saving. Beside some paints, thinner and glue I've got just this:

trecker2022eifi6.jpg

The pilot is made by Zebrano from Belorussia. Nice little dude (just 1/35 scale) having a smoking break. Should look fine next to a Regia Aeronautica aircraft.

The tractor was used by the German Luftwaffe to haul trailers and other stuff like this. This model was made before the war and in the early years, but a number survived the whole war and went into civilian use after the war too. Looks nice, with some PE, clear parts and the option for a roof, but it lacks painting instructions and decals. Would have been nice to have some dials and some license plates in the box.

Regards

- dutik

SQ1epGX.jpg

edY1ZkW.jpg

Q21MXXW.jpg

The order from Wingleader took just about a week to arrive. Unfortunately they had somehow used the wrong street number, so I spent about an hour tracking it down, but it was worth it! Just what I needed for my Sugars Blues build, Kotare’s new offering, and whenever Revell releases a Mk.I Hurricane.

Cheers,  Tom

On 12/4/2022 at 12:22 PM, Uncarina said:

The order from Wingleader took just about a week to arrive. Unfortunately they had somehow used the wrong street number, so I spent about an hour tracking it down, but it was worth it! Just what I needed for my Sugars Blues build, Kotare’s new offering, and whenever Revell releases a Mk.I Hurricane.

Cheers,  Tom

I'm seriously considering the Hawker Typhoon book from them. What are your thoughts on quality and value?

While I don’t have the Typhoon book, every one of the four I have (two Lancasters, one Spitfire, and one Hurricane volume) have been gold with respect to historical reference and detail. I plan to get the Whirlwind volume when it comes out next month. I strongly bet you won’t be disappointed with the Typhoon volume!

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

11 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm seriously considering the Hawker Typhoon book from them. What are your thoughts on quality and value?

Hi. I think I have all releases except the Stirling ones. All of them are good, very good or excellent. The only one that somewhat disappointed me was the Vampire one. Not because it is bad but because the others are generally excellent whereas that one is just good!

After years of searching I got my hands on two of these little badboys :Dtoday.

SAAB-91-Safir-Box.jpg

I built Tarangus' 1/48 Bulldog, and it wasn't exactly a walk in the park, so I'm expecting a similarly arduous build for this one too, but so damn cool! Will be built in a civilian paint scheme, and the other might get the Gypsy Major engine conversion