Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Well, I had a small box dropped of at the manor house today. The represents my modelling retirement build, as I’ll need to dismantle the building workbench to display this when it’s done. It’s an indulgence, yes. It’s expensive, but I’ll get a couple of years worth of enjoyment out of it. Hell, l’ll get a months worth of

enjoyment just from examining the contents. 

52453319114_2172813d4e_b.jpg

Some recent goodies. First up, some 1:48 stuff. I've bought quite a few decal sheets over the last couple of years, but seldom show them. Now I'll need to chase down a few more Tamiya Mustangs:

rwVOQT.jpg

WCtbUH.jpg

A replacement copy for the absolutely magnificent Triplane book that I apparently sold off quite some time ago:

jNGfWe.jpg

And this, a simply wonderful book on the 4-8-8-4 Big Boy locomotives:

0wgObR.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, themongoose said:

Great story on this one in my opinion. My buddy and I are at the local model show this weekend. He sees this big 1/24 scale Stuka and goes to buy it only to find out that it’s one of the super raffle prizes. I’m wandering around the model room and see this awesome Tamiya F-16 Thunderbird and I don’t have enough cash to buy it. Move on to later in the day and guess who wins the super raffle, me! So my buddy and i make a great trade, he gets a prop and i get a jet

1E69D805-1559-4C4F-8DEA-C90AB8FE5D45-XL.

Oh man I've been looking for that kit for years!

4 hours ago, denders said:

I picked this up from last weekend's SB Fall Cleaning sale. I now have all 3 kits from SH for the various versions of the Guardian. I'm thinking I might try to build them all at the same time.

sH2ssl.jpg

wow I’ve never even seen that A/C! Hope you post the wip!

ZEL.jpg

I've always wanted to build an F-100 ZEL diorama in 1/32 scale.  I have the airplane kit in the stash, and I can print the rocket easily enough.  The hard part will be the trailer, because I have very few photos of it, and it'll be hard for me to fake it because I have no idea what a military trailer ought to look like.  So I bought this kit for the sole purpose of studying the trailer in order to design a scaled up version.  I'm hoping that between the photos and this kit I have enough info to build a reasonable trailer.  We'll see.  I have my doubts.

21 hours ago, themongoose said:

wow I’ve never even seen that A/C! Hope you post the wip!

Hmmm, well.......

GIN020 Naval Fighter #20 - Grumman AF Guardian - Sprue Brothers Models LLC

SPH48135 1:48 Special Hobby AF-2S Guardian 'Submarine Killer' - Sprue Brothers Models LLC

SPH48158 1:48 Special Hobby AF-2W Guardian 'Submarine Hunter' - Sprue Brothers Models LLC

SPH48194 1:48 Special Hobby AF-3S Guardian 'MAD Boom' - Sprue Brothers Models LLC

The AF-2S kit was on sale at SB a while ago and after getting a bright idea, I checked instruction sheets for the 2S and 2W kits and found all the parts were in the 2S kit, so I bought 2 kits. The only difference appeared to be the decals. This aircraft followed the ASW special Grumman Avenger modified aircraft.

And yes, I'll post the WIP when I get to it.

Edit: Only the AF-3S kit shows on the Special Hobby site, atm. and IIRC, I had an email suggesting that the 3S was just re-released.

Edited by denders