Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

22 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm going to have to be content with a 1:144 kit, I'm afraid, and even that will be large.

If you haven't seen it yet, Gerhard Taube's book Deutsche Eisenbahngeschutze is very nice. About 100 pages are devoted to the Dora, most of which have several photographs. Printed on nice glossy stock too.  Text is in German only. 

15 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

If you haven't seen it yet, Gerhard Taube's book Deutsche Eisenbahngeschutze is very nice. About 100 pages are devoted to the Dora, most of which have several photographs. Printed on nice glossy stock too.  Text is in German only. 

Thanks. Now added to my Amazon list. Many years back, JJ Fedorowicz did a book on the Dora, but I've never managed to get my hands on one. Lewis Pruneau (now deceased) used the book as a primary reference when he scratch-built his 1:35 Dora.

13 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Just lugged this 23Kg beastie up the stairs. I may have gone a little too far this time - my daughter is threatening an intervention... :P Thankfully the parts are packaged in several smaller boxes, so it won't have to stay in the living room.  Cheers,  Rockie

Dora

FYI - The largest remaining part of the Dora gun is here:

imgp120035ky7.jpg

This are the two last remaining railway wagons of the Dora train. Two formerly climatized cartridge handling wagons. The gunpowder load was tempered to achieve consistent ballistic results when shooting. Both wagos had a crane rail at the ceiling that could be connecteted to other wagons and to the gun to move cartriges and projectiles ahead.

The wagons served after the war as repair train wagons for the Czech railway. Now located in Czech Republic army museum at Lesany.

Enjoy!

- dutik

7 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Lewis Pruneau passed? What a talent. He scratchbuilt a 1/32 B 52 and did some epic dioramas.

Yep, quite some time back, Mike. I saw the B-52 at a contest here, along with many others of his over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Nice haul, Kevin. I'd love to spend a couple of days perusing your library :). Any reviews in the works? Curious about the AC of Red Flag book.

Cheers,  Rockie

It's pretty extensive, I'll say that. I'm presently trying to wrap up Pacific Profiles 8 (Japanese Floatplanes), and hope to finish it this week sometime. Then I'll jump on these four. The Red Flag book is just tons of great color photos, wall to wall. The RAF book weighs a whopping 3 pounds, 11 ounces, just huge.

I finally got my hands on this much sought after Wolfpack set - I got carried away when I saw it on eBay and paid a crazy price for it, but now I can finally get going on a project I have long desired to do.. And have some leftover AAM-3 missiles for my F-15DJ project ^_^

Niels

Tamiya 1/32 JASDF F-4EJ Black Panthers - Page 3 - Works in Progress - Large  Scale Planes